Excal scope question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Excal scope question

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Man this is just like Christmas and while I know a lot of stuff in the hunting end<I will say I don't know alot about these updated crossbows and scopes.

I have a bow here with a Max Zone scope on it. I have heard from other Excal shooters that the Vari zone scope is a great one.

What scope is the better of the types that Excal has out and why ?

I guess I could ask Petter or Rob or even Steve at the shows but they all make me nervous with them fancy shirts, they ware :wink: :lol:

Thanks again
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

The lumi-zone in my opinion goes hand in hand with the vari-zone. the only thing i find more nice about the lumi-zone is that it can help in 3-d shooting or target practice in low light.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Chuck Gravel wrote:The lumi-zone in my opinion goes hand in hand with the vari-zone. the only thing i find more nice about the lumi-zone is that it can help in 3-d shooting or target practice in low light.
Yep.. What he said. But I have had the varizone and liked it too
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i only have experience with the varizone scope ...performed great in all light and weather conditions 25 C to -30 C.. i would buy another ...there's probably better out there but for the price you cant go wrong ...hope this helps
Last edited by warningshot on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Lumi-zone shooter here.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

What was the reason you went back to the varizone?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

The lumi adds a noticable weight to the bow
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Adrian go with the Vari-zone . The Lumi-zone is the same as the vari but has a lighted reticle and a larger objective .
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks everyone, that gives me a better insight on these optics..
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Adrian J Hare wrote:Thanks everyone, that gives me a better insight on these optics..
Ditto!
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

If durability is the same for both, it seems the lighted reticle Lumi-zone scope would be a great compromise between a regular gun type scope with black crosshair and a red dot, especially for deer hunting.

Dave
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Adrian,

I have had the Max-Zone on my Exocet 175lb for many years & have no complaints about it at all. It works the way it was designed for & is still good in low light situations.

I would not part with it unless someone gave me a Varizone but then again why change things that are not broke :D

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
BrianV

Post by BrianV »

Hi,

"The only similarities I could find between the two scopes are the reticles. They appear to be the same with the exception the Lumi can be lit up."

I personally found there to be a big difference in the reticles as the yardage indicators seem to be about 1/2 the size in the Lumi zone and would be hard to pickup visually in a low light situation. This was quite a surprise to say the least.

I have sent an email to excal about a week ago, but have not had a response as to why this was done, or if I am missing something in the settings of the scope.

In my opinion, the Lumi zone was disappointing for the reticle size and overall bulk, but the reticle is why I put my money back in my pocket and will keep on using the Vari-zone.

BrianV
dutchhunter

scopes

Post by dutchhunter »

i have a max zone on my brand new equinox crossbow and am very happy with it .thy are a great scope .it will serve you well for many years .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver