Did some shooting today!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

Did some shooting today!

Post by perrysbirds »

I was wondering about the the two markings on the rail of my bow.To my understanding that the string needs to be in the middle or inside those two markings for it to perform at its best.Please feel free to correct me on this if this isnt the case.I did the thing that most of us do but some may not admit,while taking some shots today I dry fired my exomax :( .
Now the string seem to move out of those marking on the rail more towards the front or top of the bow!What exactly happens here?
Also a friend of mine tried one of his strings on my bow(Not sure of the exact name now of the string) but its a excalibur string and it seemed my bow shot much faster,how much I dont know!
Also it seemed to be a bit more quiet than the regular string I had on it!
Im just wondering also what most of you use for a string on your excaliburs!Any comments!
Thanks Perry
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Hi,

Best of luck with your CB.

I don't yet have any CB experience so can't offer personal advice. Try this topic http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=28014 , it may help some in addition to the responses you get yourself.

Take care...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

those are called brace lines. you keep the string above the lowest one down by riser joint. twist your string up several turns to bring it back above the lowest line. sounds like the shock of being dry fired( welcome to that club) has put the stretch on your string. take a cotton bal and run on inside of both limbs to ck fer splinters.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like the string that your buddy was a a Flemish Fast Flight string. Was it kind of black & white? If so, that's what it was.

As for the type of string that most people on here shoot, I think if you did a poll the vast majority are shooting a custom string of some type. I just had Boo make me a couple and am very impressed with the strings and the work. :wink: There's several others on here also that make strings for the Excalibur bows. Check the Classified section for the different makers.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Big58cal wrote:Sounds like the string that your buddy was a a Flemish Fast Flight string. Was it kind of black & white? If so, that's what it was.

As for the type of string that most people on here shoot, I think if you did a poll the vast majority are shooting a custom string of some type. I just had Boo make me a couple and am very impressed with the strings and the work. :wink: There's several others on here also that make strings for the Excalibur bows. Check the Classified section for the different makers.
Yeah i think you maybe right on the money.The string might have been a fast flight string and it seem to just get to the target extremely fast!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Big D

Post by Big D »

From what I here you were better of dry firing with the factory string. Many recommend using the factory string until you get use to the bow. You probably would have done damage with a ff string.