anybody else going bear hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

anybody else going bear hunting?

Post by bait pile willie »

leaving Fri. am for annual bear hunt at Elk Lake.15 yr in a row.6 hunters at camp so there should be lots of action,and hopefully not to many long trackings.Onmedic and wild willie [both post occasionaly here].
fratri

Post by fratri »

Hunting this weekend as well, I hope it doesn't get any warmer...Looking for my first bear....Hope to have a great experience either way...
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

As a non resident hunter in Ontario I loved the bear hunting trips. Took 2, one in Pennsylvania and one in Ontario... that was enough. Like to take the new guys who have never seen a bear in the woods. Still nothing like being in the woods for bear season. :D
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Nice area your going to. Killed my first bear not far from there, just down the road, Gowganda. My brother in law lives there. I would love to go on another bear hunt up there.... I'm jealous..... Have a great hunt.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

A friend of mine are talking about going this week . We have a friend with property near Chapleau Ontario . This will make 5 years in a row that I have made it to some part of Northern Ontario to bear hunt .
Big John

f

Post by Big John »

I would LOVE to go Bear hunt this season, but I'm still not over last season's yet! :shock: :roll: :evil: If I even mentioned it to the wife, she would kill me. :!: But to all else, HAVE FUN!!!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
RabidPSUfan

I am going!

Post by RabidPSUfan »

We are leaving for our hunt on August 28th. The hunt dates are from Aug. 3oth till Sept. 4th. Our destination is Ignace, Ontario with Cozy Camp (Dan and Anne). Thus will be my 1st Fall hunt. I have hunted twice in the Spring (Idaho and New Brunswick), both trips were successful but I used the .444 Marlin:)
There are 6 of us going and this is the first bear hunt for the other 5 guys. We are the only ones in camp (hunting) that week and Dan only takes 15-18 hunters for the season. He hunts the first four weeks only.
E-mails from Dan say that all baits are active. I will e-mail him later this coming week to see how the first group in is making out. His track record is very good and most of his hunters are repeats for the last several years. I am hoping to see a color phase as he usually gets one or two every year. If not, then a respectable bear will be just fine. I am also looking forward to Pike and Walleye fishing in the English river.
Best of luck to all going up this year.
Any one familiar with Cozy Camp?