Ft. Worth Hunters Extravaganza

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Ft. Worth Hunters Extravaganza

Post by flightattendant100 »

I am really looking forward to the Ft. Worth Hunters Extravaganza this weekend.The Excalibur folks are supposed to be there, and I am wanting to meeting them. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. has changed the reg's so that crossbows are legal during archery season. This is the first that has been the case and I am really excited about the coming season.The kicker is that there has been so little publicity about this that very few know about it.Our hunting licenses dont go on sale until tomorrow( Aug. 15th).The regulation booklet will be available at the same time.There are literally thousands of hunters in Texas, both archery and gun, that dont know about the change.I hope that it is a golden opportunity for Excal to get the word out down here, make lots of sales and capitalize on this. In the short time I have had my Exomax I have become a real fan of the Excalibur products. They are just super quality.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Would this new law also include out of state crossbowers. Thanks Mike
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am so glad to see how excited you are about your Excalibur. They are truely outstanding weapons and fun to shoot :) especially the Big Dog [Exomax} :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I think that the regs booklet words it crossbows are a" legal method" to take deer during the archery only season, so I would assume that it would apply to all who purchased a hunting license whether it be a resident or non-resident license. I also got to go to the Hunters Extravaganza yesterday. I got there early to miss as much of the crowd as possible( good luck there). I got to meet Bill T. and had a great visit, he's really a nice guy.We visited several minutes and I left, he tracked me down two isles over and gave me a cap. If you had seen the crowd you would know that this was no small feat.Good folks.Thanks a bunch.