Trying out a new pocket camera ....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Trying out a new pocket camera ....

Post by R.J. »

In the spring , I got a 20 year service gift from work ... There was a list to pick from ( GPS , Golf clubs , etc. ) .. but being a camera guy I picked a pocket digital Panasonic Model DMC-ZS1 Lumix , 10 MP , with 12x Optical Zoom .

It's not an SLR , but here are some misc shots over the last couple months that vary in quality from close up to zoomed out , daytime , night time , inside and out ...

A hen turkey with some chicks back in July .. the chicks got spooked when I came around the corner of the trail and flew into a tree .. they ran around the branches like little squirels ...

Some ducks scoot from the shore line ...

The local pond was alive with spawning carp last month as well ...

The usual shore birds near dusk ...

Inside ... I take a few pictures for my home improvment log ... took me three days to finish the spam and dinning room floor , hand sanding plank by plank so as not to lose any of the old floor character marks ...

One of the many toads I see every day when I'm working around the shop ... they hunker in the gravel driveway and do their share of bug control !

We got hit two weeks ago with some brutal winds , that took down a few trees on my property ...

The neighbors had the same problem ...

The local geese are starting to group up on stubble fields .... BTW , when does the early season start ! :lol:

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

That floor looks great R.J.!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks good RJ
The "point & shoot" cameras are not the absolute best available, but for most of us they are good enough. :lol:
Mine has settings/features I will never use (actually don't even understand what they really do), but I can set it on "AUTO" and get pics that suit me. :roll:
wabi
catcher

Post by catcher »

Great pics as always. The floor turned out well great job. I beleive the early honker season opens up Sept 10 th till the 20 th. Can not wait till you show us your pics from those hunts. Good luck.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
mikej

Post by mikej »

great pics rj, nice work on the floor
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Thanks for sharing...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Takes a nice picture 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

good pics it looks like it gives you RJ. Which reminds me its time to remind folks to take a camera to the woods with them. those pics will be worth a million memory bucks later in life..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Looks great RJ
Those blow downs look like good blinds
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
diesel

Post by diesel »

Pics look great.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks all .... yep it's a handy little pocket camera .

Like wabi said , it has more options than I will ever be able to figure out !

I mean , how many real men actually read the manual that comes with anything ! :lol: :lol:

I run it in auto ... but key point like Hoss says ... take a camera along , great way to cronicle an outing ... you never know what you will see , and a picture is worth 1000 words !

I have said before " I wish my eyes were a camera "

I was running my Shorthair on a brief training session the other day ... Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small Kestrel hawk glide down out of a tree to my left ... he built up speed ahead of us and impacted a wild canary in mid flight ... all I saw was a brief dog fight flight pattern , then a burst of yellow feathers ... it was an awsome sight , but no chance to get the camera on him .

Nature is incredible !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "