sighting in equinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzly72

sighting in equinox

Post by grizzly72 »

Hello,
I recently purchaed an equinox. i also got the right stuff package with the scope. I got the carbon arrows and the fixed blade broadheads that come with it. I am new to crossbows. Do you do anything special when attaching your broadheads or just tighten on and shoot them. do you need to line them up with the fletchings or just tighten them down and shoot them. Any tips about this or sighting the bow in would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing it this weekend. thanks much in advance.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Most will just tighten them and shoot them. Spin broadheads to check for concentricity. Also, placing the same colour vane down in the rail each time may improve consistancy.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

I have an Equinox as well, my advice to you is don't shoot more than 1 bolt at the same bullseye at 1 time!! {unless you have lots to spare!]
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

shuey270 wrote:I have an Equinox as well, my advice to you is don't shoot more than 1 bolt at the same bullseye at 1 time!! {unless you have lots to spare!]

Now that is good news...
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

enormous wrote:Most will just tighten them and shoot them. Spin broadheads to check for concentricity. Also, placing the same colour vane down in the rail each time may improve consistancy.
What do you mean spin them??
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

shuey270 wrote:I have an Equinox as well, my advice to you is don't shoot more than 1 bolt at the same bullseye at 1 time!! {unless you have lots to spare!]
Been there done that listen to shuey270
Tenpoint Matrix
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

grizzly72 wrote:
enormous wrote:Most will just tighten them and shoot them. Spin broadheads to check for concentricity. Also, placing the same colour vane down in the rail each time may improve consistancy.
What do you mean spin them??
Best/easist way is to place shaft on a roller device , spin and look for BH wobble. http://www.cabelas.com/p-0057450410298a.shtml

or

Harder to do is to stand arrow up straight and spin the nock end while looking for BH wobble.

Take care...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

keep fingers & toes below rail deck or string will make you a quick learner. best way to spin test cheaply, is to take 4 marbles all the same size & glue them on a board in pr.s roll your arrow in the v watch pt if it wobbles undo and try another pt or BH. i spin mine in my palm but i have been doing this since early 60's. BH's will bite & slice if your not agile and make bad spin and grab for arrow!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

just screw them on and shoot;)

just make sure you have a good rest and the wind is calm.. so shot after shot is the same consistency.

Start at 10 yards and make sure the arrow is in line with the target and then try a 20 yard shot.. it shouldnt take mroe than 3-4 shots to get it dead on at 20
912zeus912

sighting in equinox

Post by 912zeus912 »

today i shot my equinox for first time with broadheads.I just screwed them on and shot.dead on at 20,30,and 40.I highly recomend slick tricks i couldnt believe it the 125 grain slick trick flew exactly same as my 150 field points.my advice to you is this watch your fingers and always shoot with no distractions or you could end up in emergency room like i did almost lost eye from the crankaroo and now have a 4600.00 emergency room bill.the worst part is it was my fault so be careful and good luck!
buzzards gotta eat too!(JOSIE WELLS)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

good to hear that your shoot'n again zeus!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
912zeus912

sighting in equinox

Post by 912zeus912 »

Thanks one shot i have even got rid of the flench took me a while but its gone.
buzzards gotta eat too!(JOSIE WELLS)
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a fine bow.
As stated by 912zeus912 put safety first.
I screw on the BH's,check for wobble and shoot.
I mark all my arrows with a number and I can tell which one is not grouping and work with it or eliminate it.
Your right stuff package is all you need to get started.
I would suggest that you look around the forum at the wonderful ad on's for your bow made by the members here.
Contact NewGuy for a NGSS system and get a boo string.( there are other string makers on the forum,However I have never used their strings) these two items will most likely save your bow in the event of multiple dry fires (there is no guarentee)I use a groundpounder top quiver mount but there are other styles as well,ie Munch and Danny miller mount.
There are some fine arrow makers also,crazyfarmer,John etc.
What you have will kill just fine.
get into a routine when shooting,do it the same everytime and like was stated before don't get distracted. ( all this coming from the southern dry fire king)There is a nice Viper-X string in my backyard somewhere.Why did I order camo. :shock: :? :shock: :?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

thanks for all the insight guys, very much appreciate the help. I have actually already zeroed it in at 20 yards. Actually out of the box it only needed a slight movement. Now ready to get 30/40/ and 50 yards done this wekend..
saxman

Post by saxman »

Have fun and good luck.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount