"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Boo

Post by Boo »

The 4 blade broadhead is pretty amazing. They've never failed me in the accuracy department no matter how fast I've driven them. If you wreck a broadhead on a rock, just send it back and they'll send you another. Some have received a 3 pack from sending one back. And yes, they do a good job of killing deer!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I really like the looks of that serrated one, I may have to give one a try..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wildman

Post by wildman »

If these slick tricks didn't shoot so darn good ,those 100gr buzz cuts would be the one I'd try .They sure look like a awsumm bh to me and sounds like magnus stands behind there product ....Geo.
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've used the Snuffer 3 blade for years with my trad bows. Tried them in the Phoenix and they fly well from it, too. When I run out of the heads I'm using now I may use them next for deer. I've been shooting 100 grain heads, and the Snuffers are 125 grain. I'd have to re-sight before I hunt with them is the main reason I've put off actually hunting with them.
wabi
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If its endorsed by the Nuge, then it must be good!!! :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

wabi wrote:I've used the Snuffer 3 blade for years with my trad bows. Tried them in the Phoenix and they fly well from it, too. When I run out of the heads I'm using now I may use them next for deer. I've been shooting 100 grain heads, and the Snuffers are 125 grain. I'd have to re-sight before I hunt with them is the main reason I've put off actually hunting with them.

I to was using the snuffer and as said they fly super, I going to hunt with 125gr stinger not the 100gr, the 125 shoot superb, as much as I loved bear Bh I should have tried these a long time ago. the buzzcut didn't shoot well out of my exomax

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i got to reading their site and it doesn't say lifetime warranty on the 3 bladed snuffers. it does on the stingers & buzzcuts & snuffer ss
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have a 3 pack,I'll have to shoot them
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Pydpiper wrote:I really like the looks of that serrated one, I may have to give one a try..
Just a little information... Serrated broadheads are illegal to hunt with in Ontario.

This information comes from the Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary: A hunting broadhead must have a minimum of 22mm (0.87 in) wide arrow head with at least two cutting edges that are sharp, unserrated, barbless, straight and made of steel.

Just a heads up for you.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

looks like the old Fred Bear design I used in the late 60's early 70's. Broadhead with inserts. They worked ok with my recurve. Like to try them with the xbow
texan

Post by texan »

You need to try them before you knock them. Leave awsum entrance & exit holes. Good blood trail.

Texan
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

LoneWolf wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:I really like the looks of that serrated one, I may have to give one a try..
Just a little information... Serrated broadheads are illegal to hunt with in Ontario.

This information comes from the Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary: A hunting broadhead must have a minimum of 22mm (0.87 in) wide arrow head with at least two cutting edges that are sharp, unserrated, barbless, straight and made of steel.

Just a heads up for you.
I believe this information is incorrect. Please check the new "simplified" broadhead regulations in the 2009 Ontario regs :)
bstout wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:Just a little information... Serrated broadheads are illegal to hunt with in Ontario.
They should be illegal everywhere.

It's a very poor idea to attach a saw blade to the front of an arrow.
Actually, a serrated blade is a MUCH more effective killer than a straight blade of equal sharpness. The advantage of a serrated blade is the increased cutting area for the same length of blade.....a 1" long straight edge yields a cutting surface 1" long, but a 1" long serrated blade yields a cutting surface up to 1.75 times that.

There is no good reason not to use a serrated blade for tough jobs....whether that job is cutting a rope or bleeding out a deer, the serrated blade wins hands down :)

IAC
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Would you happen to have a link to this new information?

I don't have a paper copy of the 09 Regulations handy.

thanks
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

LoneWolf wrote:

Just a heads up for you.
Those heads are very legal in Ontario, if you look at the broadhead you will see it does indeed have "at least two cutting edges that are sharp, unserrated, barbless, straight and made of steel". That law doesn't exclude serrations, but it does insist the inclusion of straight edges.
I have spoke to the MNR regarding serration, and curved steel (Crimson Talon), the small "bleeder blades" allow the broadhead to be used legally. I have all of this in writing from the MNR.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string