What are buddies for.........?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

What are buddies for.........?

Post by Hoss »

I hunt this place for dove now many years and right before sept 1st I was talking to my buddy Jack and was telling him about all the dove out there and how I could not wait till the season opened. He begged me to go and finally I gave in. We drank to much the night before to make the morning hunt. It happens sometimes so after getting up and having breakfast we decided to go for a evening hunt. As we were getting closer to the property my buddy jack was asking if the old man minded if I brought new guys to this place. The old man has had problems in the past with giving permission to one guy then that guy bringing another and then that guy coming anytime he wanted to. The original guy would loose his hunting privileges if he didn’t make sure that nobody came unless he was with them... I explained to him as long as you don’t come by yourself I don’t think he would mind. Well that wasn’t good enough for him he wanted to make sure it was ok with the old man so I wouldn’t loose my hunting spot. I insisted that as long as you don’t come by yourself its ok. And Jack would not leave me alone about it. FINE I finally said we will stop and ask first. Jack is usually just... whatever.. Go with the flow type guy. Why this time he wanted to ask was pissing me off I got there and pulled into the farm and asked Jack to stay in the truck. The old man had a mean old dog. He knew me. I went out there allot to fix fences and whatever I could do as kind of a gesture of appreciation. I went up to the door and the old guy met me at the door. "Hey Hoss" he said" hows it going? Going after some birds?" " YEP!" I said “I got a friend and he wanted me stop and make sure it was ok with you before he went and hunted with me down in the field?" The old man replied. "You know the rules Hoss. Just tell him not to come by himself. As long as he is with you no problem". “I know” I said “ he just wanted to make sure" That’s fine I appreciate it" the old guy said. I said my goodbyes and started to turn around and head to the truck when he grabbed my shoulder. I turned around and he almost had tears in his eyes as I could see them watering up. I had a puzzled look on my face. As he kind of choked back the tears he said “I need you to do me a favor Hoss." "Sure anything what is it?" I said. " Mazzie, my old mule. She’s got a bad infection. I didn’t know it until it was too late so the Vet tells me. She’s sick and tired. She’s been my best friend for years, you know that,well I had the vet come out and he said the infection is got her good. She won’t eat or drink, she won’t get up and we tried. It’s just a matter of time now”.He went on. “ I can’t stand to know she’s down there suffering, and I can’t bring myself to shoot her. Will you do it for me? Shes down the road laying by the fence?" Kinda unsure I said "Well sure" I guess if thats what you want I to do" The old man replied "Yes its time". He turned around and walked off not wanting me to see him cry I’m sure. It was heavy on my heart I felt sorry for him and Mazzie. I loved her to she was a good mule. This is something I really did not want to do but thanks to Jack now I have to. Then as I walked on the way back to the truck I got a great idea. Now Jack is going to get it for being so persistent.

I got in the truck and slammed the door. "That old bastard wont let me hunt here no more" I said. “He says I’m the one who keeps leaving the gate open so I’m finished". I acted as pissed as I could. I started the truck and was leaving the drive on to the road complaining the whole way about how if we had not stopped we would be hunting. But know "you had to have me stop HUH Jack!" Jack was speechless... I slowed down as I got down the road and I looked to my left and saw Mazzie lying down by the fence." Grab your gun were gona shoot his dam mule!" I said. Jack looked at me as if I was crazy as if I had lost my mind,but he was crazy too so I knew he would bite on this. We grabbed our guns and jumped out a the truck. I put my sights on old Mazzie and out of respect I made sure the bullet hit its mark KAAWAMM. It was over for her no more suffering. THEN I heard "KAAWAMM" I turned around and Jack said " LETS GO!!." " I GOT HIS BULL “! :roll:
Last edited by Hoss on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

So much for hunting there again :wink: :lol:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Oh Hoss you did it again :lol: :lol:

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Good one :shock:
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
dutchhunter

ha ah

Post by dutchhunter »

i love it kep them coming DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thanks for your condolences.. 8) to hide the tears
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

LMAO Hoss.... I was expecting you to rope that mule first! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

That's a good friend.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It does sound like "a pile of bull" :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
mikej

Post by mikej »

good one hoss :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I can usually see it coming, but you got me good, thanks!
"Eze 18:21"
peter p

Post by peter p »

I heard Burt Reynolds tell that story years ago.
Apparently it was true.