Rage Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Peach

Rage Broadheads

Post by Peach »

I bought myself the Rage 3 blade, and when I take them out of the package, the blades all kind of dangle. I can push back in place, but is there something else I should be doing.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
Normous

Post by Normous »

The way I see it the 3 Pack packaging has one practice head, one closed hunting blade, one semi open head and one open hunting head. The latter two are only for packaging display only. Just slip the open blades into the o- ring. I hope that helps.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
PA_DeerHunter

Post by PA_DeerHunter »

The back of the blades need to be inserted behind the rubber o-ring. The protruding notch in the blade fits in and held snug by the o-ring.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

yes, just push them into place.. also, do that before you load the arrow also just to make sure its seated..

ive used them for years with no issues now;) Love them!

you will like the flight also :lol:
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

Are the Rage really more lethal and better at blood trails than other smaller heads ?
I imagine they are... but want to hear it
dk
life guard at the gene pool
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

kennisondan wrote:Are the Rage really more lethal and better at blood trails than other smaller heads ?
I imagine they are... but want to hear it
dk
any head on a well placed shot will do a good job. It depends on the shot placement. Its no way to compare to bheads together since they would seldom hit the same spot or impact with the same force. I will say the rage heads do one heck of a cutting job!
Baycor

Post by Baycor »

I have rage broadheads, I plan to use them on deer only. For some reason I don't think they were designed for moose....100 grain is light, and moose hair is thick...your talking a good 2 inches of thick hair before this broadhead even opens againts the hide and starts cutting. I will stick to my heavy boltcutters that make their way through anything...

I can see the rage being crazy on a deer...instant hide and penetration...plus you want a light broadhead for top speeds.

Oh and I agree with Crazyfarmer...a field point shot at 350fps through both lungs of a deer will do just as good as any broadhead out there...