tree stand height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

18-25 feet, always securely tied off of course.
Team Dryfire
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Just depends on the cover. 15 ft is plenty if your hidden (truth be told zero ft is plenty if your hidden). I have gone up to 36 feet but the shot angle really gets extreme if they get close. At that height, really cant shoot inside of 25 yards.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
bucont

Post by bucont »

15 feet for me.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Fan of Fall

Post by Fan of Fall »

I use a climber and most of the time I'm around 20-30'. Deer still bust me sometimes at these heights. Dang deer! But if it's windy or bad weather I will not get up at all or as high. Thats what the ground blind is for. :)
"Man is not free unless government is limited.... As government expands, liberty contracts."
(Ronald Reagan)
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

24 inches to 30 inches unless I sit on the ground ... I cannot use a climber right now...
Seriously for a permanent stand the floor is about ten feet off the ground twelve at the most... it depends on the understory I find that either a little less than five feet so a slight stoop or on the knees then about ten feet are the low heights I like to use...
I used to sometimes get over 20 feet on a fairly regular basis, but cannot do that lately.
with the bows I am not fond of the difficulty increase with the heights more severe... the backbone hit is not one of the best and the lungs are harder to hit / smaller from very high angles..
dk
life guard at the gene pool
frisky

Post by frisky »

The platform on my ladder stand is 10 foot up. High enuf for me. The deer walk under me.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

My 2 ladder stands are 15 ft at the platform, I keep my hang on stands about the same. Just don't move too much, when deer are looking at you. Last year I had 2 small bucks look directly at me, one saw me move, and they continued about their business. The one that saw me, started to run but the other one just looked at him and he stopped.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Attached to my climber I use a 20 ft. pull up rope. I usually go that high.
Please wear your harness. I use a Prusik sliding knot on a rope I attach above my stand. With this I make a loop with a short heavy dowel piece that I can put my boot into. I try to have that where I can step into it should I ever be hanging from my harness. This is to not only get blood flow back into my legs but hopefully to be able to reach over an readjust my climber so I can get back into it if ever the need arises.