Clicks---not here I hope..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Clicks---not here I hope..

Post by Hoss »

Moni mentioned what a great place this is in her thread.. It got me to thinking about why this is. For one reason among many is--> I dont think this place has the so called CLICKS. Thats when only certain folks talk to certain folks and dont take the time to recognize others, and they speak as if they are the forum leaders and them only belong. It could be and is on other forums a big turn off and a rejection that will send people away--- the CLICK thing. Ive been on forums where you can post a question and get chewed out for not searching when I did and I could not find what I wanted to know, Or maybe I didnt have the time.. Or not get a reply at all. Or post a thread of something important to you and hardly anybody responds and there was many reviews. Or reply to a thread and to only hear crickets about your reply.

If the click thing seems to be here to new people Im sorry for i believe the majority would not want this. If you cant find your answer in a search fine ask and if you dont want to search fine ask. Im sure folks would help you find your answer regardless. I know I dont mind repeat questions. It helps me stay sharp on things and I always seem to forget or overlook something that the repeat question brings. I hope nobody feels like thier question or thread is not important because if it is to you it needs to be to this board. Thats what this community is about if Im feeling it right. We need to remember to warm up to new folks and we do.

One of the most important things that I have learned over the Internet and it was in this forum taught to me by GaryL was this. Its worth repeating

something can be said on the forum and it will be takin 3 different ways by 3 different people and they all could be half right. So read and re-read things if they hit you wrong. Give the person the benifit of a doubt. PM that person first before you attack them on the forum about something that may not even be intended. That is how you prevent a explosion of BS that should have never been started.

Ive done it and recently. But I learned to PM and I got striaghtened out on my understanding of what the guy ment in what he said. and you know he was more in line with me than I thought. If I had of jumped on him in the public thread there would have been a bunch of junk and stuff slung everywhere it would have divided folks made enemys and in the end made me look like a fool. So thanks GaryL you have helped me and I have not forgot my friend.

sorry for being so long winded here but I do believe this is worth the read.

Hoss

Thanks Moni

disclaimer---> not a normal type for me, to soft. :oops: I had a gun to my head..
Last edited by Hoss on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hoss . . .I didn't expect a "chick flick" post from you. Almost had me a man cry, almost. :lol:

I agree! However, I'm probably more guilty than anyone of typing without thinking. Sometimes I read my posts and wonder, what are you thinking.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

your right, as we think abit diff than each other. if i said something it could be figured several diff ways by that many ppl. sometimes i have a hard time conveying words so ppl can understand what i am trying to get acrossed. i know what i am saying but that doesn't mean you can. :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lscha

Re: Clicks---not here I hope..

Post by lscha »

Hoss wrote:. Or reply to a thread and to only hear crickets about your reply.
It certainly is worth the read! I was laughing out loud about the crickets comment. I soooo know how that feels. It got so bad on one forum that when I posted, active threads magically died. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hoss very well said. I am a very strong family man, I have been able to come here and share some of our troubling times we have had, and received TRUE Honest support and Prayer from a Great bunch of people, We have allso felt we could share some of the GOOD times and pictures allso. That goes way beyond what a Hunting Forum is. This is a Family. Thank You all and hope the new members feel the same.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
huntone

Post by huntone »

This is the first forum I've really belonged to. I've never had a problem
finding out anything I wanted to know, usually by searching.

Like smokepolehall, I can't explain myself like I want to sometimes, I'm not a
good writer like my wife or MikeP, but I'am trying just the same.

It may take me some time to warm up to people, but when I do watch out :lol:

Everyone has been wonderful and friendly. I hope to stay around for a while and have some fun. :D
Last edited by huntone on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think we're having a Hallmark Moment here, y'all! :P

OK ... I admit it (again) ... it's the best forum I've ever been part of. :D

In spite of me! :lol: :wink:
Grizz
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Great post Hoss.

I'm a member of a couple other forums and there are some big differences in forums! Or should I say forum members?

One outdoor forum I'm on I actually quit for almost a year because of all the bs. I've gone back but certainly do not post like I used to. It gets hot fast.

Another that I've posted very little on but do look in has a bunch of weird thinking individuals. Either I am out of touch or they are. I'm not sure which.

There are two others that are great and very much like Excalibur Forum. They are the Bacchetta Forum and the Recumbent Riders International forum. These 3 are great and it is a privilege to be a part of them.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
maple

Post by maple »

The only clicks here are when the safety is turned off.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) I think the only clicks on this forum . Should be the click of the safety looking through your sights . :)
I was going to say excalibur crossbow but there is so many accepted methods of hunting on this great forum . :D
As you stated there is questions that have been answered before BUT if that question has too be answered again so be it . There is no such thing as a dumb question if asked in sincerity .
I think me and Maple were thinking and typing at the same time . :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

B-Logger wrote:... there are some big differences in forums! Or should I say forum members?
Yeah ... the members on this forum are so tolerant and gracious that nobody has even bothered to mention that the word in question is cliques ... oops! I blew it! :oops: :P :lol: :wink:

It's all right, though ... I'm not recruiting an elite group ... we're all glad there aren't any of them around ... not even any spelling cliques! :D 8)

This is the best foram ... foreum ... foorom ... forrem ... group of crossbow hunters anywhere! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I am quite new to this forum and I love it. The folks here have been so helpful.

I think it is time got a group hug. What say you all? :D

Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

ALRIGHT IVE HAD IT---evreybody has a PM...startin with Dan Hagerdy wanna be. :roll: :lol: :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

OH, can not stand clicks! Very bad indeed. Thank God none HERE. This site is the best. Thanks for having me here. :D :D
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

Hoss :
I love you man...
I like... love you man..

seriously : well said and good observations. and the funny thing is when you point it out it is more likely to continue because folks understand what it is that makes this a better forum..
pretty cool

I also like a couple of other forums that are pretty down home and not elitist... it is easy for a few to stir some trouble, though and tha must be nipped in the bud with education however administered.. LOL
dk
life guard at the gene pool