easton power bolts c2

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bill morrison

easton power bolts c2

Post by bill morrison »

anyone have confirmation on specs for this bolt in 20 inch. ordered set from luminok (burt coyote) and am assuming that they are 319gr. as advertised, however when i look it up on easton website i can't get close to that weight unless something is missing off their specs. i did not see any fletching weight in the table. any info greatly appreciated.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I use the powerbolts . . .not sure about the c2 part. The bare shaft is 256 grains at 20inches.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

thanks sumner4991. after posting realized that you shot this bolt so figured you would have the answer. at this point all these numbers are giving me a headache so am going to put broadhead on and if they shoot well and accurate I AM GOING HUNTING. will shoot this setup: easton power bolt,luminok end, 125 gr. vortex 2 3/4 cut, vortex xbow and factory string. will update on results.
greenjoytj

Post by greenjoytj »

I have one Easton "Carbon Power Bolt" C2 I bought for comparison with the Excaliber version it weighs 328.2 grains with no point the Excalibur version weighs 267.6 gr no point.

I suspect my Easton Power Bolt was built in 2008 because my copy of Easton Hunting 2009 (their arrow shaft and component catalog) shows the Carbon Power Bolt now has a plastic nock that is available either 9 grain flat or in 11 grain half moon styles, were as my example bolt uses a 43 gr aluminum RPS insert at the nock end.

The plastic vanes are 8 grains each in the 3.8" size.

Carbon C2 shafting is 10.5 grains per inch, or 11.3 grains / " if Realtree camo is applied. Easton's are slightly heavier than the Excalibur version of the C2 shaft material.

So adding it all up and doing the math:

20" shaft x 10.5 gr/" = 210 gr + 43 gr RPS insert = 253 gr + (3 X 9g vanes) = 277 grs + 9 gr plastic nock insert = 286 gr.

319 gr - 289 gr = 33 gr for glue and Lumenok/Tracer device weight.

Of course the Easton catalog does not mention the weight of their "Tracer" brand of illuminated nocks.

Burt Coyote web site http://www.lumenok.net/product.htm shows the Lumenok devices weigh 11.5 to 17.5 gr. If I am reading his site info correctly, it is very confusing site to get weigh info from you think he put the weight right by the models for the specific shaft types.

The math make me think that the 319 gr weigh is easily do able, you just add you favorite point and shoot.
08 Equinox, #1989 string, FireBolts with NAP QuikSpin ST Speed hunter vanes, 150gr. Boltcutter BH's, Lumi-Zone scope.
Stash

Post by Stash »

greenjoytj wrote:20" shaft x 10.5 gr/" = 210 gr + 43 gr RPS insert = 253 gr + (3 X 9g vanes) = 277 grs + 9 gr plastic nock insert = 286 gr.
Looks about right. We sell the Powerbolts with 4" vanes, a bit heavier than the above calculation, and the arrows without points are around 295 grains. Adding the Lumenock will do the 319.

By the way, "C2" is Easton shorthand for Carbon Composite
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

thanks to everyone for info. glad to see someone else finds the burt coyote site difficult to get wt. specs off of. figured they were at least close enoough that i would be above min. weight for my xbow, and judging by info from ya'll i can now site in and go find some fur. thanks again i just want to add that like so many others as they enter this sport have said this i a terrific forum and source of info for those just getting started.
michiganman

power bolts

Post by michiganman »

my easton powerbolts with blazer vanes,100 grain tip and brass inserts are 464 grains,
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado