broadhead practice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bill morrison

broadhead practice

Post by bill morrison »

saw on another post something about tying mechanical blades closed with dental floss to keep them from opening to save the blades. wondering if anyone has tried this and shot into a bag target so would have easy arrow removal. if no one has tried this i will one day this week and report back.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Unless they open in flight, your mechanicals should fly pretty much like field points. See no need to practice with them at all. In fact my slicks fly so much like fps I don't bother to practice with THEM.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

thanks cossack, am new to this game and also type that has to KNOW for sure where they are hitting, same for everything i shoot so will need to shoot at least one for my peace of mind. as i get confidence in my setup i will probably feel as you do.
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I always shoot my broadheads. I have tried dental floss worked for a few shots (didnt shoot in to a bag). Then i shot the head with the rubber band and it opened in flight or off the bow. So i double banded it and it didnt open at all even at the target. I place a peace of card board in front of my target. So that head was history.
dutchhunter

got to be sure

Post by dutchhunter »

i see no reason not to take one good bhead and us it for target shooting .it pays to be sure .there are to many other things that can go wrong .why take a chance.thy may hit two inches lower the your feild points but that could be enough to miss a deer if you did not know about it .it pays toi be sure it is a game wrer confidents pays of big DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

depends on the mech. BH yer using. it will certainly tear up the bag in short order. i use a 3-D deer to shoot my BH's into.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
turbo

Post by turbo »

I use fixed broadheads and practise every year with them-it is a matter of respect for the animals that we hunt.In some cases I see the difference in elevation,wind,shafts-so it is not just about the broadhead-besides the more WE shoot the better WE get 8)
LIVING THE DREAM