Certified Hunter.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Popacap

Certified Hunter.

Post by Popacap »

I am finally certified to hunt. I went and took the class on 9-11 and 9-12. It was a very fun class. Got a 100% on my test. I am now trying to get time to get into the woods. I have yet to buy my first ever tag. I am trying to get time away from work. I went out the day before yesterday and bought a cheap compound bow from the pawn shop so I could go into Missouri woods looking for turkey and I am not to sure that was a good idea. I took it to bass pro and had them make adjustments added my Excal quiver and went to the range. I wish I would have gotten it on video for Americas most funny ones. I was very glad I was the only one there for safety sake. :oops: Went with three arrows came back with 2. I can barley hit the broad side of a barn. My first day shooting my vortex I was hitting a bullseye the size of a Sharpie. The compound bow a whole different story. No ethical shots coming from that thing "yet". Thank you Excalibur for making a bow that will hit what you aim at over and over again. Now Missouri needs to change the laws to let me use it. The Hunting class was just changed last month they went from 25 questions to 50 and now the book has 3 pages dedicated to nothing but crossbows. The conservation agent giving the class said it might mean they are thinking about adding the crossbow to the bow class of weapon because the old book did not have anything like that for crossbows. I have my fingers crossed. Right now the turkey in Missouri are pretty safe with me shooting at them. I am really wanting to get some tags in Arkansas so I can take my Vortex and actually hit something if I see it.
HAPPY HUNTING!!!!
2009 Vortex
lumizone
Excel string
125 grn F3 Trophy Ridge broadheads
Firebolt arrows
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Never seen anything in a pawn shop that was accurate, thus, why it ended up in a pawn shop. Any Excaliburs there? Heck no! :lol:

Gald you are on your way to success!

Stay after it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Popacap

Post by Popacap »

It looks in very nice shape. I wanted it to use untill crossbows are legal during bow season. The pawn shops are filling up with things other than junk as more and more people lose their jobs.
2009 Vortex
lumizone
Excel string
125 grn F3 Trophy Ridge broadheads
Firebolt arrows
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations on passing your Hunter certification course. You should try to get someone who is a good archer with a vertical bow, and spend some time with him to get you started in the right direction, Then it is just Practice, Practice and more Practice. Keep at it :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]