Be diligent, careful and wiegh it heavy on your heart..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Seriously, Hoss brings up an axcellant point and one that really hits home to me. I have been treated so kindly and have been givin many items from friends here on the forum that sometimes I feel a bit guilty or maybe unworthy is the right word. I know that some eyebrows have been raised up on this subject in the past but it works both ways. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for the folks on this forum but again Hoss is right, in this day and time someone could waltz right in here and take advantage of the kind folks on this forum. Shoot, I was only on the forum for a week or so before Mike P sent me a crankaroo because Tina had to cock my bow for me because I couldn't.

I hope that this makes a little since anyhow :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I have helped people that I "met" on the internet forums for years. I have given people everything from crossbows to paying for cemetery headstone. Have I been taken advantage of ?? You bet, Not everytime, but there have been a number of times I got taken in by somebodies sob story.
I haven't quit gifting people things and I haven't quit helping those who need a hand up, when I am able to do so. The bad experiences I chalk up to "crap happens" Yes, I feel angry and feel like I have been used but the feeling of satisfaction I get when I help or gift something, to those who really appreciate it, is worth those times I have been used.

I am little more cautious now days but I will NEVER stop helping those who truely need a helping hand now and again. I believe that it will all come around at some point in time. I look for nothing in return and expect nothing in return. Just knowing I was able to make somebodies life a bit easier or gift them an item they really appreciate is worth it to me. :D
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've been "burned" once from a transaction on this forum. Not bad odds when you consider I've bought, sold, traded, given, and received probably hundreds of items over the years.
That time taught me a lesson without costing me much (only a few $). If a person is a new member and the majority of their posts are in the trading post trying to sell something - be very cautious. :shock:

BTW - that's been a few years back when the trading post first opened and I reported it to the moderators. That person was soon banned from the forum. :wink:
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

For every giving person there is always going to be some ass that will take advantage of it. Never give up your giving ways. Its people like that, that makes the world worth while. I feel a group h-u-g. :oops:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bstout wrote:
wabi wrote:I reported it to the moderators. That person was soon banned from the forum.
Right on, Mike! :D

The moderators make this a great forum in my opinion.

They don't mess around. If someone is pulling shenanigans it gets nipped in the bud right away.

The moderators keep this a clean place more so than any particular forum member or group of members.
Bob that is the second time that you have mentioned that the moderators are what makes this forum a great forum and not the members. I agree they moderate well behind the scenes laying low, doing a great job, but thats not the point. I hope I have not mis-lead anyone into thinking that I dont think the moderators have a say. I do believe the members are the key, just like wabi reporting a foul member that got booted--great job--, because without 1 member you would hear nothing but crickets in here. The members have a big responsibility but the in the end the final edit lies on the moderators cutting board not the members. with that said.................

the moderators do not edit my heart or anyone elses that is compeled to help a needy soul. The digger memorial fund and on and on. I dont believe anyone contacts the moderators and ask them if they should get in on something that they have been INTERNALLY moved to help on....My HEADS UP was to ---->Over the years I have seen alot of goodwill on this forum. I would hate for someone on this forum to be taken advantage of. I never ment that folks should stop giving thats your buisness not mine. I just thought and wanted to mention that it might be good to run it by a friend, family member or whoever if you feel compeled to help. 2 heads or far more better than one.. Its harder to fool the mass compared to the single.. simply put..

your friend Hoss
Last edited by Hoss on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
deerhunter430

Post by deerhunter430 »

I know Im new here but i think this is the best forum going..just my 2 cents...
TripleM

Post by TripleM »

I second what deerhunter430 says. Being new here too, I think this is a great site for any new Excal'er.
Heck, I even had to prove it to my wife of 26 yrs that I'm spending all this puter time on an xbow site and not one of those "other" sites.
BTW, she also likes to see the posts on here that interest her.
She doesn't hunt but being a "country" gal, she loves the outdoors and everything that goes with it.
She got lucky when she found me.............LOL
Phoenix
Varizone
Slick Trick 125 mags
Polaris Ranger 4x4 to haul the meat