Be diligent, careful and wiegh it heavy on your heart..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Be diligent, careful and wiegh it heavy on your heart..

Post by Hoss »

I must say due to the fact that this place we come to visit one another is so full of great hearted people who are ready and willing to meet a need when it appears..

STAND BY--for wolves lurk and soon or not will attempt to take advantge of you and your goodwill.

They may not be here now and may never show. In all my years I have found that they gravitate to good people who are willing to help. I just wanted to kinda police your mind and say--If you are confronted with a request or invitation to help out a particular need. Make sure you run it by your friends , family and your God before you decide to go all in for anyone. I know the reward is in the giving and it doesnt reall matter what happens on the other end, However when we were givin the gift of compassion and a helping spirit we also have a responsibility to be diligent and smart about how we facilitate our generosity.

I hope I did not step on any toes here. I didnt mean to. Not preaching either. ..Its just HEADS UP!
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It would be easy for someone to slip in here and take advantage of the forums generousity.
Great post Hoss.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I would pitty them if they took advantage, and were found out about on this Forum :twisted: Good heads up though Hoss.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Your a good man Hoss. You just make sure you stick around here. we don't want to lose ya bud.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

The thing to keep in mind about extending goodwill to others is that if we are to do it graciously and without prejudice, we have to take them at face value.

This is especially true on internet forums, where we do not have the advantage of face-to-face interaction, or the luxury of discovering details about someone beyond what they give us.

My rule is to take people at their word until they prove themselves untrustworthy by what they say or what they do. When that happens, then it is my responsibility to consider that in future interactions.

As the old adage says,

"Fool me once, shame on you!
Fool me twice ... shame on me!"

In the end, if you desire to be consistently kind and gracious, you cannot require too many qualifications before acting kindly and generously. Those who want to be nice to others will invariably be taken advantage of, but it's part of the sacrifice.

Just be wise, and exercise due caution. It's all you can do. :D
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Hey Hoss . . .does this mean you aren't going to give me one of your knives? You have really blew it for me, agingcrossbower's was about to give me his new stock too. :twisted:

I can't believe it! :roll:

Grizz . . .you're still going to send me a bear, right?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

sumner4991 wrote: Grizz . . .you're still going to send me a bear, right?
Uh ... I know I said I would ... but I'm running into some trouble on that one. :oops:

I took one to Edenton, to the local UPS hub, but I couldn't get him up on the table for scanning, and the pre-printed shipping label kept falling off. I guess his fur was greasy, or something. The lady said something about an "oversize package charge" just before he got away from me and ran into the warehouse.

Now they're telling me that I'm "banned from the premises" and that they Edenton Police Department "knows about me" ... whatever that means. :?: :roll:

USPS is out too, it looks like. The postmaster at Columbia said that there was "No &@%#*~## way" he was going to "ship a bear" ... so I don't know what to do. :?

Anyway, it's looking like I might have to bring it down there in person. :D

I would just ride one down ... but it's so far ... and the traffic on I-95, well, you know. :P :lol:
Grizz
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

What do you think Hoss? I say give him your knives. Then he can wittle his own stock. :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
sumner4991 wrote:Hey Hoss . . .does this mean you aren't going to give me one of your knives? You have really blew it for me, agingcrossbower's was about to give me his new stock too. :twisted:

I can't believe it! :roll:

Grizz . . .you're still going to send me a bear, right?
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Good post Hoss. Sad, but true. There are always people who just seem to want to take advantage of others. But we still always hope for the best.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I would just ride one down ...
This visual is reminding me of the scene in Jeremiah Johnson! "Here ya go pilgrim and when ya get done skinnin that one I'll bring ya another"

Good post too Hoss. I've dealt with nothing but good people on here but know that it only takes one to easily change ones perspective.
Why ride when you can walk!
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Anyway, it's looking like I might have to bring it down there in person. :D

I would just ride one down ... but it's so far ... and the traffic on I-95, well, you know. :P :lol:
I thought I saw you on the back roads of NC last summer Grizz....

[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hum I knew somebody would be trying to get my knife...I lost it...let me go se eif I can find it somewhere....Nope still cant find it..where is that thing..Oh and dont count on any bear from The Grizz..he promised me one and it aint here yet..lmao..

Grizz told on himself here..talking in 3rd person--->I took one to Edenton, to the local UPS hub, but I couldn't get him up on the table for scanning, and the pre-printed shipping label kept falling off. I guess his fur was greasy, or something. The lady said something about an "oversize package charge" just before he got away from me and ran into the warehouse.

Now they're telling me that I'm "banned from the premises" and that they Edenton Police Department "knows about me"

You should not have been wallering around on the table trying to get on the scanner thats just wrong.. :lol:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

:lol: :lol: :lol: wait, one more :lol:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Seriously, Hoss brings up an axcellant point and one that really hits home to me. I have been treated so kindly and have been givin many items from friends here on the forum that sometimes I feel a bit guilty or maybe unworthy is the right word. I know that some eyebrows have been raised up on this subject in the past but it works both ways. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for the folks on this forum but again Hoss is right, in this day and time someone could waltz right in here and take advantage of the kind folks on this forum. Shoot, I was only on the forum for a week or so before Mike P sent me a crankaroo because Tina had to cock my bow for me because I couldn't.

I hope that this makes a little since anyhow :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I have helped people that I "met" on the internet forums for years. I have given people everything from crossbows to paying for cemetery headstone. Have I been taken advantage of ?? You bet, Not everytime, but there have been a number of times I got taken in by somebodies sob story.
I haven't quit gifting people things and I haven't quit helping those who need a hand up, when I am able to do so. The bad experiences I chalk up to "crap happens" Yes, I feel angry and feel like I have been used but the feeling of satisfaction I get when I help or gift something, to those who really appreciate it, is worth those times I have been used.

I am little more cautious now days but I will NEVER stop helping those who truely need a helping hand now and again. I believe that it will all come around at some point in time. I look for nothing in return and expect nothing in return. Just knowing I was able to make somebodies life a bit easier or gift them an item they really appreciate is worth it to me. :D
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!