Post by rt2bowhunter »

Those big steps make you think :) Looks good
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Unusual Thumb hole looks like a four leaf clover is that for luck.':wink:'
Tenpoint Matrix
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Dereck wrote:Unusual Thumb hole looks like a four leaf clover is that for luck.':wink:'
I like that LMAO mine needs a 4 leaf clover....Hey looking good agingcrossbower I cant wait to see the finished product..very nice..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Did I mention there are 6000 stages to this puppy and I am on stage 4. It is a long process but I am loven it. :D
Hoss wrote:
Dereck wrote:Unusual Thumb hole looks like a four leaf clover is that for luck.':wink:'
I like that LMAO mine needs a 4 leaf clover....Hey looking good agingcrossbower I cant wait to see the finished product..very nice..
agingcrossbower

Nay, Just the very beginning of the thumb hole. Its going to take some finnese to get the feel just right. OR, i could just put my four fingers in there and use my thumb to shoot. That would be awkward. :D
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

wow 4 thumbs to move around to, foward maybe backward fer abit of reverse pressure. ummmmm ok!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Quit picken on m----e. :lol:
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Will be watching can't wait to see the finished product.you just might have to start taking orders.LOL
Tenpoint Matrix
mikej

Post by mikej »

looks good, keep posting can't wait to see it when its all done
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

You said you were using a grinder for shaping the stock.I think it might be something I could even try without the risk of maiming myself.
Will see if I have the time and courage to attempt it for now will live vicariously through you.
Tenpoint Matrix
agingcrossbower

I believe I got the idea from Bojangles. He used a hand held grinder with a sanding disc on it. I used the 24 grit and believe me it takes it off fast. Sometimes to fast. You have to take the guard off to make it work well and yes there will be blood if it touches you. So be always aware of where it is. With these posts I was hoping I would get others to at least to give stock making a try. Take your time and it really is'nt that hard. 8)
Dereck wrote:You said you were using a grinder for shaping the stock.I think it might be something I could even try without the risk of maiming myself.
Will see if I have the time and courage to attempt it for now will live vicariously through you.
nchunter

Post by nchunter »

Do yourself a favor and get some Microplane woodworking rasps:

http://us.microplane.com/index.asp?Page ... Category=4

You can buy them online or at any Woodcrafters store. They're awesome for carving stocks! Take wood off as rapidly as a traditional wood rasp, but with a much smoother finish than a traditional rasp.

Then finish with cabinet scrapers, also from Woodcrafters.

With these two hand tools you can avoid the dust problems of power tools and sandpaper. Power tools also inevitably will cause you to take off more wood than you intended!
agingcrossbower

You guys are something else. I just got a large rough rasp. It works great but I needed something smaller a definitely something that makes smoother removal of wood. I was ready to make the 45 miles trek to my favorate store and Nchunter comes up with the answer. Is someone watching me. Thanks Nchunter, and great timing. :lol:
nchunter wrote:Do yourself a favor and get some Microplane woodworking rasps:

http://us.microplane.com/index.asp?Page ... Category=4

You can buy them online or at any Woodcrafters store. They're awesome for carving stocks! Take wood off as rapidly as a traditional wood rasp, but with a much smoother finish than a traditional rasp.

Then finish with cabinet scrapers, also from Woodcrafters.

With these two hand tools you can avoid the dust problems of power tools and sandpaper. Power tools also inevitably will cause you to take off more wood than you intended!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Looking Good 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]