camo clothing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

camo clothing

Post by gogo »

I wear camo clothing head to toe don't think it is necessary but i do , does everyone wear camo? Don't think the deer care one way or the other, maybe it's a confidence thing with us hunters.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you want something to break out your outline with whatever is around you...

I like the new realtree APG

but the idea is to break up your outline and blend into your background
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I wear it. Head to toe allso.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
wabi

Post by wabi »

Depends on where & how I'm hunting.
From the blind - no camo, black or very dark solid colors.
I rarely wear camo head to toe. Usually just a shirt or jacket. I find dark colored (gray, dark green, dark brown) dull textured clothing works well, too.
wabi
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I wear camo head to toe. But usually mix and match patterns to help break up my outline even more so.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Esox

Post by Esox »

Learned the lesson a long time ago when I saw some photos from a hunting trip and I was wearing a camo headnet and gloves and my hunting buddy didn't and his face and hands stood out clearly in the brush and I was virtually invisable... Other than that any camo or clothing that breaks up the human outline will work... But cover the face and hands if you want to disappear
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tried one of those headnets, but the darn thing went up in flame when I lit my cigar!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Hunted for years in solid colors no difference.

But it is more fun to wear camo!

I think it is a marketing ploy that has worked so well that we can never go back, wish I had thought of it.

Wouldn't be slugging out in a factory.
Tenpoint Matrix
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Deer aren't exactly brilliant when it comes to seeing something that isn't moving. I wear camo head to toe too, but not just for deer.
I still hunt most of my time in the bush, there are many animals out there with far better vision than deer that let of some pretty crazy alarms, squirrels, crows, chipmunks, blue jays, I find camo doesn't make a difference with deer, but it helps keep the woods from ratting you out on a long still hunt.
Also, and maybe even more importantly, camo, when you buy decent stuff, is also designed for hunters. Water proof, or even just resistant, usually breathable to accommodate going from hot to cool while walking, arms cut different to keep room and movement while raising a firearm or drawing a bow. Padding in the right spots, pockets designed to hold shells and calls too.
I am a believer in hunting cloths, hard to find good ones without camo these days.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I think it is a marketing ploy that has worked
This statement rings so true with so many things! Hunting clothes being one of them. We have recently had a topic going on here about scent lock clothing and its marketing. I'm not saying all hunting clothes are bad. But they do seem to be getting rediculously priced! I have hunted with and without camo and have taken game and nice game at that, both ways. I do like a leafy wear suit because like with what crazyfarmer mentioned about breaking up your outline. I think the three demensional leafy wear adds that little bit of extra to break up that outline.
Why ride when you can walk!
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Camo you need it for most bird hunting, if a deer could see like a turkey, and a turkey could smell like a deer, no kind of camo would help you kill either one, if you did.I don't like buying it, they got us because no one makes clothes heavy enough to hunt in so we are stuck with camo

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I am cheap and use my Canadian army gear the government issued me. (One reason why after I retired from the regs and joined the reserves) The Cadpat works well for dear over the past few years.

Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
huntone

Post by huntone »

For bow hunting, when it's warm, I'll just wear some camo long sleeve tee shirts I found on sale with regular blue jeans. I usually can wear a camo head net, because I don't smoke cigars, but I get drool all over the net when I drink water. :lol: :lol: Winter time is usually full camo.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount