Wisconsin DNR SUCK!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

VixChix wrote:I understood. You were just saying how you feel about your homeland. Your family has rich history where you are!
Actually, it's my wife's family that has rich history where we are ... we live on her ancestral homeplace, which we bought from her grandmother. My own family has rich history where I'm from!
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:My own family has rich history where I'm from!
Planet of the Apes? :D :wink:
:shock: :?: :P
Grizz
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

First, let me say that I have never been to Wisconsin and I don't know what the DNR is like. I not really sure what you want Agingcrossbower. I read your initial post several times and all I can tell is that you don't want more gun hunting, and you don't like regulations. Are you in favor of the earn-a-buck because honestly, in Ohio, I wish we had to shoot a doe before a buck. Maybe its that you are against being able to shoot more deer because people in your area are seeing less. This might be a valid point but the DNR is concerned with the STATEWIDE wildlife. Here in Ohio, some areas the deer are underpopulated and some are severely overpopulated. Just because deer are less abundant doesn't mean the DNR is wrong by wanting people to shoot more deer. My states' DNR has different limits for different areas, but this requires more regulation. I'm not saying your wrong (for all I know, your right on the money), Im simply saying that maybe your taking this too personally.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thanks Kenton for your comments. I should have been clearer. I am talking about my unit, which is unit 64. This is the only Unit I hunt. And there are less and less deer in that unit. I do feel we are wrongly regulated and yes I do take it personnally. Hunting goes back generations in our family and I do not mean to brag, but our family has a fair idea of the deer population.
Kenton wrote:First, let me say that I have never been to Wisconsin and I don't know what the DNR is like. I not really sure what you want Agingcrossbower. I read your initial post several times and all I can tell is that you don't want more gun hunting, and you don't like regulations. Are you in favor of the earn-a-buck because honestly, in Ohio, I wish we had to shoot a doe before a buck. Maybe its that you are against being able to shoot more deer because people in your area are seeing less. This might be a valid point but the DNR is concerned with the STATEWIDE wildlife. Here in Ohio, some areas the deer are underpopulated and some are severely overpopulated. Just because deer are less abundant doesn't mean the DNR is wrong by wanting people to shoot more deer. My states' DNR has different limits for different areas, but this requires more regulation. I'm not saying your wrong (for all I know, your right on the money), Im simply saying that maybe your taking this too personally.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Gee's Kenton now you got me going again. I had a conversation with a game warden about why they thought the deer had to be reduced. I thought maybe insurance co. claims are to high. He said that had nothing to do with it. And this spring we had a major hunter revolt in are unit which had several large farms that were going to not allow any hunting at all on there land. So its not the farmers complaining about over grazing. This revolt stopped the DNR from having earn a buck in our Unit. Now their kicking around to have a extra week of gun season the week before the traditional Thankgiving week. That will have the opposite effect because most fewer people will hunt the first week and by the time the traditional week rolls around the deer will be alert and harder to get. It will also screw up the bow season because of the rut. I have no idea why they feel the herd in our area is overpopulated but they sure as hell do not listen to the sportsmans club or don't care to. Sorry for the rant but rut is coming.
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

Sorry to point out the obvious, but the DNR is a government run agency. Need I say more?

As far as where I live? I'll admit that I do complain about the snow and the cold. The griping seems to have gotten worse as I've gotten older, but maybe it's just that I need something to grouse about or I'm not really happy :wink:

In spite of the complaining, I'll admit that while some may find the thought of having to load the porch with firewood and load the stove, I find something comforting about watching mother nature throwing a fit while I sit by the woodstove with a pot of coffee setting on top of it, and me watching through the window.
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain