Which bow is most preferred? FEEDBACK WANTED!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

excaliburcrazy

Which bow is most preferred? FEEDBACK WANTED!

Post by excaliburcrazy »

Just wondering which bow is the most preferred, the Equinox or the Exomax. I heard some don't like that new thumbhole in the stock?? Does it really make a difference? Not sure which one to go with. Just thought I'd start with getting feedback on them!
Mitch
wabi

Post by wabi »

Phoenix for sure!

At least that's my pick. :lol:
You can't go wrong with any of the Excaliburs.
wabi
lscha

Post by lscha »

Since you are looking at the same size bows, you just need to know if you would prefer the thumbhole or not (shoot 'em and see) and between the Realtree AP or Hardwoods design. I think it will be pretty much even-steven as to what most Excalibur owners like. I will just give a vote for Thumbhole stock. I just like it :lol:

WELCOME Excaliburcrazy. Image
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I agree with wabi. Being a small stature person I find the Phoenix perfect for my size and will still dispatch any animal I want to hunt.

Try before you buy I guess. Find the one that suits your needs and feels comfortable to you.

It is a personal choice for sure.

Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
diesel

Post by diesel »

I went to see Dan Miller a few weeks ago and he brought up something I had not thought of about the thumb hole stock.
I takes a lot more movement to take the safty off .
Just need to see what you laike best . both bows are Excaliburs so either one will work great. :D
vaguru

Post by vaguru »

The standard stock has my hand/wrist at an uncomfortable angle. The thumbhole feels better for me. If the safety thing is an issue, you could alway attach a rod to the lever that could be activated with the thumb in the hole, or out. I have no problem with the safety. I think it has to do with what you get used to.
Gold Tip Pro Staff
Bohning Pro Staff
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Ah, thats easy. Its the one YOU like best. Everyones different. Enjoy the hunt.
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

I had the same prob . trying to pick the one i liked the best. i fixed it by getting one of each . they are both great bowes. i think its about what you get used to.
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
Esox

Post by Esox »

It's not a choice of which is Better... They are both excellent bows and will take anything you want hunt... As many have said before .... it's really a matter of personal preference.... Try them both if you can and feel which one is right for you.....
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I like 'em all, but "Try a "Y". They fit like a glove.
"Eze 18:21"
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Personel preferance. I do not like the thumbhole stock, but its what fits you best.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

hi myself l own 3 excaliburs 2 thumb-hole stocks which are an equinox & a vortex but l have not & do not intend to use the vortex its just one to put a side for a collectible item but l'm sure it & the equinox are very much the same & a y25. for me the y25 fits like a glove & by far is the most accurate of them all from different excaliburs l have shot over time dont get me wrong the equinox is spot on but l guess it just comes down to what suits you best. best regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Michihunter

Post by Michihunter »

I went through the same thing. Finally figured that I have always used a standard stock on all my rifles and shotguns and thats what I'm used to. So going by the KISS theory I bought the Exomax. I'm very happy with the bow and don't regret my decision one bit. Regardless of your choice I think from a performance stand point either will be more capable than the shooter. Good luck.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

diesel wrote:I went to see Dan Miller a few weeks ago and he brought up something I had not thought of about the thumb hole stock.
I takes a lot more movement to take the safty off .
Just need to see what you laike best . both bows are Excaliburs so either one will work great. :D
i think that will just depend on the shooter and how you shoot:) I cant find anymore movment that it takes on mine.

A simple flip of the safety and its ready with the trigger hand.. it just depends on how you shoot. Ill usually have the safety off when the deer is coming out just to be ready in advance. Its always good to be ready ahead of time :D

I perfer the thumbhole since I have better control of the bow. I bought a thumbhole for my Muzzleloader for that reason also :lol:
kanehill

Post by kanehill »

I shoot the Ibex Thumbhole, that was one reason that I bought it. I converted my TC Omega to a thumbhole two years ago and I am very pleased with both stocks. I feel I can get a tighter grip pushed in to my shoulder and a straighter trigger pull.
Excalibur Ibex
Vari-Zone Scope
Easton Carbon Power Bolts
Muzzy 125/3 Blade Broadheads