So you're telling me there's still a chance

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

So you're telling me there's still a chance

Post by Shotnbeer »

Nice to know. If you don't fill your tag with your bow you still have a chance.

MILWAUKEE - A person driving on a Wisconsin road has the eighth-best chance in the nation of hitting a deer.

State Farm Insurance says a driver in Wisconsin has a 1 and 116 chance of crashing into a deer. West Virginia is the state where a driver is most likely to hit a deer, with the chances at 1 in 39. Michigan was second with chances calculated at 1 in 78.

In 2008, more than 15,800 deer-vehicle collisions were reported to law enforcement in Wisconsin
gogo

Post by gogo »

I figured West Virginia had to be the highest there is deer all over the interstates. Wish me luck we are going through West Virginia on Oct 9. Never seen so many deer in my whole life.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I've hit 5 or 6 deer with my truck on the way to my camp and I hit a huge buck with my motorcycle coming home from my camp. On average, there is a vehicle - wild animal (mostly deer) collision every 38 minutes in Ontario. It's so common, the trucking companies around here installed heavy duty push bars on the front of the tractors and sometimes a trucker is hitting 1 or 2 deer a day. They've stopped reporting them as it wastes too much of their time. But that's not good for the stats. The provincial police equipped their cruisers in the rural areas the same way for the same reason. Deer are the number one cause of single vehicle fatalities in this province. Quite often, people will swerve to miss a deer then smash into a tree or another car. Although I don't have anything to back this up, it's probably safe to say that deer kill more people around here than people do.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Pretty common to see deer hit by cars or trucks here. Even a motorcycle on occasion. Heck, I almost hit one with my bicycle!

The last time we went to the city I think we saw 5 that had been hit.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

Your chances are greatly increased if you steer carefully :lol:
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I avoided them for a quarter century. Then hit two of them with different vehicles within four weeks of each other. My mission is to help get that population back under control...by eating them.

DuckHunt
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Open season 24/7/365 with auto. :shock: Maybe my next weapon of choice. :wink:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen