Full moon, but atleast cool air is back

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Full moon, but atleast cool air is back

Post by crazyfarmer »

the full moon is still playing with the deer here. Most of the movement starts right at 7pm which gives you about 15mins of shooting light. Its cooled back up here with highs supposedly in the low 70's tomorrow but lows in the upper 40's. Im heading out in the morning to hunt a funnel between a bedding area, cutover, and cornfield. Its also a white oak acorn feeding ridge there. I just hung that stand 4 days ago so ill see if it pays off. Never hunted it before so hopefully Mr big walks by :D

goodluck to everyone... im just glad to see the temps back to normal! Saturday was TOO HOT :evil:
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I wish you luck on your planned outing crazyfarmer.....Enjoy.

Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Good luck CF.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Even on my cameras most movement is at night. I had to come out the woods early today after getting in the stand. My grandma is in bad shape. So hunting is put on the side for now
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

crazyfarmer wrote:Even on my cameras most movement is at night. I had to come out the woods early today after getting in the stand. My grandma is in bad shape. So hunting is put on the side for now
I totally agree with you.I had a decent buck tonight within 60 yrds but ran out of time,it was dark.He might have came closer but I will never know that now! :cry:
Yes most of my trail cam pictures are at night also but starting to get a few morning shots.
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to hear about your grandma, hope she improves.

We went squirrel hunting yesterday morning and the moon was setting in the west as the sun rose in the east.
The moon looked huge on the western horizon!
wabi
bbbwb

Full moon, cool air back

Post by bbbwb »

Yes the moon has been full and the air is cool. I was out one morning last week and the deer move around 8:00. I went out yesterday @5:45 a.m. It was very bright. I sat by a walnut tree, as last week in amongst wild raspberry and grasses, and waited for nature to awaken. Crows started, then turkeys, then squirrels. Had a squirrel shower me with walnut husks and eventually come down with nut in mouth 18" at my side. Unconcerned, travelled on. 7 turkeys passed by with 1 going behind me close enough that I could hear the grass crunch. Finally @ 8:10, 2 deer came out and meandered on the trail stopping and looking periodically. The first looked at me when she came to my first shooting lane but proceeded slowly. When she entered the second shooting lane it was trigger pull time. She bolted out into the adjacent bean field but went down in a heap. Because she was facing me on about an 1/8th head on shot, I zeroed in to be just behind the scapula. I nicked the lung and of course the stomach. However it is meat for the table.
In comment to another submission on this forum regarding condition, she was in very good condition with plenty of fat stores in place.

bbbwb