carbon bolt/plastic insert

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

whateverworks

carbon bolt/plastic insert

Post by whateverworks »

I know there has been several topics about this but,, I have several carbon bolts with plastic nocks and would like to replace a couple with luminocks. Any sugg. on removing the nocks would be great. thanks
whateverworks

Post by whateverworks »

nutin eh?
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

My best tip to you for removing plastic nocks from them is to try and drill a small 1/8" hole in the middle of the plastic nock. Then thread in a 3/32" screw about 3/8"in. in. Leave about 1-1/2"in. out from the nock. So you will need a screw about 2"in. Heat the "screw only" with a lighter, stay away with the flame from the shaft, for about 1 minute. Try to pull out the screw with nock using pliers, dont twist. If no go heat again for about two minutes and repeat pulling without twisting. If the screw and nock combo doesn't come out then, your out of luck. Try smashing the shafts and buying a set from me! :wink: :roll: :D This should work.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
diesel

Post by diesel »

Yea what john said a little heat will make them soft and tey will come right out.
whateverworks

Post by whateverworks »

heh heh i'll try that john, thanks. the first part not the second part, hopefully.
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

I use boiling water immersing the shaft into microwaved water that had just started to bubble. used a large low sided measuring cup and about one inch of water to account for them leaning etc. tried not to loosen the glue on the vanes that way...the first minute or so in the water : no movement, second time around, they came out..if you can grab them with needle nosed vise grips great, if not then you can drill them as suggested. might take two or three times in the boiling water to get it done but they will come out with patience, etc.
I just grabbed them with an arrow puller ( fits around shaft for better grip removing arrows from targets, right ) and used the needle nosed vise grips for a tight grip on them...I cannot honestly say I did not twist them but I was really careful not to pinch the end at the nock and shaft interface, and I did not flex the arrow I just put out some effort and heated it again.. by the third time they were coming out pretty handily.. if you want to drill them be really careful not to hit the shaft inside with the drill bit so as to damage the arrow's strength near the nock, where all that power is imparted to the shaft.. it is not hard, you can do it..
dk
life guard at the gene pool