Who Hunts with a Vixen ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Who Hunts with a Vixen ?

Post by vixenmaster »

i am just curious about how many forum members actually hunt with the vixen ? i do, she is my main squeeze! :lol: Hey Bob you out there ? :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Norlander

Post by Norlander »

I hunt with my Vixen. It's one of the very early ones with the carved tips and sprayed on cedar camo pattern.
Bill T. set it up for me and we went out behind the warehouse (probably different from where they are now) and I tried it out on a styrofoam target. I remember it went off before I was ready the first time. Luckily, I was on the target. I couldn't get over how good the trigger was. It's better than some of the rifles I own. Bill also modified a cocking rope for me, with loops, because I can't grip the T-handles. I had met Bill and Kath at the Hunting Show in Toronto and made arrangements to go down to Kitchener where I picked up the bow and accessories. I'm sure things have changed a lot since I was there last, some time in the 1980s. Maybe I'll see if I can make it down again just to see the changes.
I've taken two bucks with my Vixen. (I don't get out as often as I'd like.)
Jerry
mak

Post by mak »

I have a Vixen and took a deer with it yesterday from my 17 foot ladder stand. Entered just under the spine and I believe it hit the liver and lung. 15 yard shot with the arrow passing through and sticking into the ground a couple feet away. Deer went 25 yards falling down a couple of times and was dead by the time I got to it after calling my brother, unhooking and climbing down from the ladder stand.

I've got one more tag to fill.
Last edited by mak on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lscha

Post by lscha »

WELCOME Mac!Image
Congratulations!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
mak

Post by mak »

lscha wrote:WELCOME Mac!Image
Congratulations!
Thanks. It was a small deer but it was the first one I have ever taken and out of the 3 that were passing me it was the only one I could get a shot at.

Hopefully, the next one I get a shot at will be bigger and I will be less nervous.

Migabby

yep

Post by Migabby »

I do also, but I have not shot a deer yet as this is my first year Xbow hunting. I really like, this little gal!!!!

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Utah Hunter

Who Hunts with a Vixen

Post by Utah Hunter »

This is my first year hunting with my Vixen crossbow. It did the job on the elk hunt.[img][img]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48 ... 0103-2.jpg[/img][/img]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Vixon here also, plus and older wolverine. Got Vixon lent out to my father as he has never bow hunted before at age 87. My 25 year old son is going next weekend for his hunting licence so guess I will be looking for a 3rd excalipur. Looking forward to hunting with my son as I have hunted with my Dad for 40 years
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

welcome to the new forum members, also congrats to those who harvest game. a big congrats to all here shooting & hunting with the vixen. i do hunt with my phoenix & e'cet 200 but not alot. the vixen is so light & comfortable its my pick almost every time i head fer the woods
Half Bubble Off BD360

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Vixen here! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Smoke! I know you started this to make me jealouser and jealouser! :x
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

lscha wrote:Smoke! I know you started this to make me jealouser and jealouser! :x
Come to the dark side! Image
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ischa sweet lady. do you think i would do such a thing as that ? :lol: you maybe right, i was really wanting to see how many of the members hunted with the best model Excal made! Do you want one ? i love them & appears i will have to follow my friend Bob. will have to build my own T-hole stocked vixen!
Half Bubble Off BD360

kevin

Post by kevin »

still hunt with mine also.
my member name used to be kev until I changed my e-mail. member oct. 18, 2003