Excalibur Quiver Mount Blues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I bought a groundpounder mount and like it better than the stock mount. I didn't like the idea of the crossbow seeming so tall. I went to the Wyvern Creations mount and love it. Its all metal and works fine with the STS since it doesn't use those mounting holes at all. I have it mounted with the standard Excal quiver. It stands up less than an inch above the rail.

Here is the photo from their web site.

If you cock/uncock by hand, then it probably isnt for you. I have an Exomax so hand cocking is beyond me.

DuckHunt
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have both the GroundPounder and the MunchMount. You can't go wrong with either.

I really like that both of their mounts don't interfere with aiming, but help break up the shape of you face when viewed from "downrange". :D A bit of extra camo, so to speak.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mikej

Post by mikej »

for me its the miller mount . i love it, it keeps your quiver out of the way it is light and best of all cheap and like awshucks said the warranty covers stupidity
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

Griz

Don't worry I feel the same way as you do.

Please refer to my post http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=#272530

I have made a home made ground pounder mount and am very happy with it so far.

Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Dear Bob,

Could you share it with your Bros and Sis's so we can see it?

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Isis

Quiver mount

Post by Isis »

Here is the Isis mark 1 quiver. Had this on for a couple of years now after losing a couple of arrows from the standard quiver while walking through the bush.
I have one of these either side. Never had a problem with it. Touch wood.

Image[/img]
doghouse ninja

Post by doghouse ninja »

i atached the kwik-3 on my camelbak works great..

bbbwb

Quiver Mount

Post by bbbwb »

Very interesting topic. Thanks Grizz .
I too, only use the xcal quiver for carrying in and out. I remove it as soon as I get into place. I tried a side mount as available on the spotnstalk pack. I do not like that placement either. I have not been impressed with any of the hip quiver set ups that I have seen. I have become complacent in accepting the fact that it is what it is. The excal quiver on the xbow may not be the best best but it does make things somewhat simple in that it limits the number of things to fuss with.
I am certainly interested in any ideas that may come up and look forward to the additional ideas of inventors' minds at work
Thanks again Grizz.

bbbwb
Strikenmike

Post by Strikenmike »

I also struggled with the stock quiver bracket. I went with the Wyvern Creations quiver bracket. So far, so good. Best solution with STS. I take the quiver off as soon as I am in my stand anyway, but the Wyvern is definitely easier to carry in and out of the woods.
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

So many choices out there, ain't it great? Y'all ever seen a vid of Bill T carrying his xbow hunting? He carries it over his shoulder w/ limbs to the front perpendicular to the ground.

That way, the limb width is immaterial as it's vertical. So are all the quiver mounts available from factory on.

I like bench resting/testing various ideas for arrows, so I'm not a factory mount fan. For that type shooting, it's a pita. My usage is an exception to the rule, hunting bows for hunters.

I got my Miller quiver mount before the other after markets were available.

I like it a lot. YMMV.
"Eze 18:21"
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

I just put a Ground Pounder on my Exomax today. I love it, works perfect for me. Shot a few shots with it on, no problems.

Mike.
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
frisky

Post by frisky »

Grizz
I have a home made mount similar to Wyverns mount that DuckHunt had posted a picture of. I take the quiver off when I get to my stand. It works good for me.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Probably because otherwise somebody would say "do a search and you will find your answers as this has been talked to death" :lol:

And for some of you veterans every topic possible has been talked to death. There probably is nothing new under the sun. :P

Long
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Couldn't be without my Ground Pounder Mount.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I am some-what mount less. I use a bushnell videoscope so the groundpounder mount is out, and I also have gun grips mounted to the atv, so factory brackets are out. I attatched the plastic quiver bracket to the side of the stock on the equinox so I can put the bow in the gun grips during transport. With a sling it is also out of the way. but the quiver hood sits above the string so a shot fired with my quiver still on would be disasterous! If it were a 3 arrow quiver it would work well. I still remove the whole thing once I reach my stand though. I hate un-needed weight.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-