Excalubur trigger assembly

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Missouri_Hunter

Excalubur trigger assembly

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

I got curious.... :oops: there, I admitted it...My name is John an I am a tinker-aholic... :shock: I decided to take apart my trigger on my Exocet...I'm pretty detail oriented and I have disassemled watches and small motors and things before...I usually only end up with 1 or 2 extra parts... :roll:

It was very easy and I didn't lose anything...anyone else that is wondering whats in there should just go for it....I learned how very simple the design is on this trigger...I cleaned everything and put it back together...I saw a couple of springs but they didn't go flying anywhere...the only thing that I would warn you about is the tiny ball bearing that the safety rolls over...it has 2 small detents that the ball bearing rides in...the ball bearing sits atop a little coil spring inside a little hole...if you are careful and have a big white towel spread out you won't lose anything...I don't think one needs to take it apart for maintenance...I just wanted to see what makes it tick...I thought I had located the source of some noise that the bow makes when fired...but I discovered that the wonderful Excal engineers had already put a small block of rubber between the housing and string claw...I thought the claw was smacking the housing and making noise....but it looks like the rubber is taking care of that...I wish I would have taken pictures before I reassembled it but I did not...all in all it was a worthwhile endeavor...I now have the utmost confidence in the trigger and safety...

Congrats Excalibur on a quality product...
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
Grizzly Adam

Re: Excalubur trigger assembly

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Missouri_Hunter wrote: I now have the utmost confidence in the trigger and safety...
Just as all of us "non-tinkerers" did without taking one apart! :D

Excal don't make no junk! 8)
Grizz
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

Oh, I forgot to add, I removed the bolt hold down spring and put a very thin (1/16th to 1/8th of an inch) coating of RTV black silicone rubber on it. I left the spot where it contacts the bolt alone...I think it insulates any vibration it might make... :lol:

Hey Grizzly...As far as confidence in the trigger....my years in the military taught me to "Trust but verify"... :lol:
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Missouri_Hunter wrote: Hey Grizzly...As far as confidence in the trigger....my years in the military taught me to "Trust but verify"... :lol:
My trust was derived from the experience of the masses! :P

Besides, I might have tinkered my way into some trouble! :lol:
Grizz
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It is amazing how many people try to take apart the trigger to lose parts . :shock: Then they have to get it fixed with their hat in hand . :)
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Missouri_Hunter wrote:my years in the military taught me to "Trust but verify"... :lol:
No wonder my military career was screwed up, they only taught me where and when to wear a condom. :lol:
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Mike P wrote:
Missouri_Hunter wrote:my years in the military taught me to "Trust but verify"... :lol:
No wonder my military career was screwed up, they only taught me where and when to wear a condom. :lol:
HEY---> me too...and alot of jokes...well I met alot of jokes too..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!