Buck Bomb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Ottawa has gotten far too conservative these days!! All our local Canadian Tire Stores hunting inventory is scaled way back compared to other years, and next to nothing at WalMart. In fact some aren't carrying ANY hunting gear. :x Managed to get one can at a Canadian Tire in Quebec, and have a few cans coming down from the Ottawa Valley.

Will be using them near a swamp where the big boys typically come out of. Didn't see anything last year, but had two good years in a row prior to that near the cottage.

I'm hoping that with the cooler weather coming next week that the doe estrus buck bombs will bring them in.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ive got 3-4 on the wall that came to it;) so it works if used right. Nothing like using the whole can to cover your downwind scent in a bottom so the wind can carry it:)

i tried one today since the bucks are showing signs they are interested, but none came in to it. Its still a week to early for doe in estrus scents atleast
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Going to throw a question out there on the buck bomb.

I have a can of the dominant buck scent coming, but am hesitant to use it as I am a little concerned that the scent may keep the bucks at bay? If the scent is too powerful will it push what may be in the area away if it feels 'threatened' by it? I am not familiar with using buck scents which is why I'm throwing this out there.

I have zero concerns with the doe estrus but it's getting very hard to find now.

Cheers