Best wild game meat

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Post by warningshot »

I would rank deer first then partirige, turkey,duck, moose, rabbit, squirrel and finally bear...never tried any others so can't judge them
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

I think my favorite has to be deer back straps. I like rabbit and squirrel a lot too. I would love a chance to try moose back strap. Anyone had them? Are they as good as deer?
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

X2 ^ :D
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Worriedman

Post by Worriedman »

50-100 lb. wild hogs rate pretty high for me!

Wife loves wild turkey.
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

I'd climb over a swimming pool full of moose tenderloins to get at a big, berry fed, Georgian Bay fall black bear steak....mmmmmmm
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Venison Backstraps Fried with Bacon and Mushrooms :wink: My Doctor hates this! {at 57} he says the Venison is Good but do i really need the Bacon in there? Which i quickly reply SURE DO :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Made venison steak on the grill last night, marinated in Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, tad of salt and W sauce. Cooked to just pink in center. Baked sweet potato, last of garden tomatoes sliced, slice of sour dough bread. Mmmmm, mmmmm, good.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

After are moose kills we bbq the tenderloins that night after the work is done no mater what time it is!! :lol:
The best things in life are not things!!
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

Kudu and Eland steaks...while bowhunting in Zimbabwe in 1995....very tasty...good old North American venison is my favorite though... :D
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I've been trying to reply but it's a bit difficult to type while your smackin your chops on a deer salad sammich. My favorite has to be that of a young whitetail deer. I fry it, make gravy and pot it in the dutch oven for a day. Second to me is wild turkey nuggets with "bear grease biscuits" not far behind. I've never had any elk or moose or other meats that most of you have but would love to try it. Do I hear an invite :lol: :lol: :lol: . I have tried antelope and thought that it was ok but a bit strong. Probably the way that I cooked it. Don't get me wrong, I love red meat but....... catch a couple of flounders, fresh shrimp, slaw and hush puppies. sheew weeeee, SON!!!!!!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
catcher

Post by catcher »

ok If can remember them all here goes from best to least. Moose, Elk, Bison, Grouse, Turkey, Bear, Deer, Caribou, Boar, Duck, Rabbit, and I lived in Newfoundland for awhile and Seal is not bad also. Gator was at the bottom I guess but maybe I did not have it prepared right.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

I'd have to say black bear was the best, then deer than moose. My kids almost got in a fight at the table for the last piece of bear meat, I settled it by taking it for me. :lol:
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm amazed at the number of people who have put bear near the top of their list. Although I've had numerous opportunities to eat bear meat, for some reason I just haven't been able to bring myself to try it. Can't say why - just some strange mental block. Maybe because I have nightmares about bears? Will make that another thing for me to overcome right after I get over the heights thing. :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
maple

Post by maple »

Am I going to have to repeat myself??

Beaver. Easy to find. Head shots are often presented. Quick to skin. Lovely rich dark meat. Makes it's own delicious gravy. Tender as can be. Saves a forest, serves a meal. Canadian as apple pie.

Maple
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yep beaver mighty good..so is marmot...

Moni bear is delicious as well..Ive had mountain lion but didnt care for it...Im tempted but I wont say anything else about that..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!