Broadhead data.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frank25

Post by frank25 »

100 grain slick trick mag 23 yard shot 40 yard recovery double lung shot on the doe
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

This is the type of bloodtrail you get with Old Style fixed blade Razorbak's. And this was far from a perfect shot placement.

They are no longer made. They do make a newer style but I still prefer the old style. They are cut on contact heads and the heads rotate freely. When you stick a deer the arrow continues to rotate and the theory is the energy from the rotation is not lost as is the case with an arrow that ceases to rotate once the target is struck. This added energy results in deeper penetration of the broadhead is their claim to fame.

Now whether this is true or not I have no idea. But what I do know is they absolutely fly like field points. They fly better then every other fixed blade head I have tried, and I think I have tried them all.

They also cut like crazy-good. I was a muzzy fan for a long time because I loved the way they cut, but they had a tendency to sail somewhat. I found these cut equally if not better then the muzzy's and fly like a dream. I have never looked back.:D
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

finished for the season this morn. 7 pt buck, between 190/200 lbs field dressed, 100 gr COYOTE ,3 blade expandable broadhead. 528gr arrow from exocet. traveled 50 yds, double lung at 20 yds. :) :) :)
bdog

broad head

Post by bdog »

Shot two does with 150 Bolt cutter,one was double lung went about 100 yds. second one lung shot about the same both were pass throughs
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Slick tricks 100grms.
37 yard shot,deer piled up another 60-70 yards!
Wouldnt buy any other type of broadhead.
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

Another doe with a Wensel Woodsman on a 2219. 19 yard double lung shot. She hopped a few steps, stopped then staggered to her death 32 yards from the hit. The arrow burried over 1/2" in an old locust fence post laying on the ground.

This will be my last crossbow kill since I switching back to a vertical bow. I plan on using Slick Tricks out of it.
DWinVA
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

Also got a coyote 2 weeks ago with the same combination. 11 yard shot down thru the shoulder blades. It was a big male that only went 5 yards.
DWinVA
cop614

Post by cop614 »

doe #3 shot at 20 yds went 40 yds rage 2 blade
BUS314

ST

Post by BUS314 »

125 SlickTrick, quartering away, through offside shoulder-------dropped in her tracks :D
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Montech 125 G5 30yds on the ground clean pass thru both lungs a tad high. Doe jumped and kicked turned in a circle went about 25 yds to a thicket and piled up ..done..lost my dang arrow..it must still be going.. :roll:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

Buck @ 30 yards, went about 70 double lung shot.
130 Grain Wasp -1 1/16 dia - fixed blade broadhead on a Excalibur Firebolt shot from an Exocet 200, approx 390 grain total arrow weight. Was a fat deer very poor blood trail, I believe the fat sealed off entrance/exit holes.
bryanm

Post by bryanm »

doe shot with 125 gr steelhead went 30 yards double lung another doe shot with 125 gr steelhead went 100 yards 1 lung shot a buck shot with 125 gr steelhead went 45 yards double lung all shot with vortex and firebolts
Exomaxer

data

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pun'kin Slinger

Post by Pun'kin Slinger »

Small buck, Ibex with 150 gr. Bolt Cutter. Angling towards me at 10 yards. Shot high on right side with bolt going completely inside body cavity. Broadhead just penetrating at rear haunches. Deer dropped in it's tracks.

I just got my crossbow last Friday. This was my second time out with it. I haven't been bow hunting for 15 years. I've been out of work and decided to go again this year. I broke my old American Archer compound and was able to get the required permit for crossbow hunting. I have always used Razorbak 5 broadheads with my compound. I've never lost a deer and have never had one go over 50 yards after being hit. I still have 6 of them and about 6 new blade inserts. They are 142 gr. and I was wondering if any of you use them on your crossbows?

:D
Pun'kin Slinger
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Pun'kin Slinger wrote:. I have always used Razorbak 5 broadheads with my compound. . . . was wondering if any of you use them on your crossbows?

:D
I heard of one really old guy here on the forum that still uses those relics of a broadhead. He claims they are magical and harvested a monster or several monsters with them. I wish I could remember that guy's name . . .I'm sure he'll chime in and let us know who he is . . . :lol:

Thanks for the input guys!! I'll run the numbers before I leave for Virginia on the 20th.

Keep 'em dropping. :P
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen