NEWTIE

where do i get nggs

Post by NEWTIE »

can anyone tell me where to get the nggs string stoppers
new to crossbows and am just setting mine up. thanks
NEWTIE
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think NewGuy's NGSS's are on hold at the moment.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
NEWTIE

Post by NEWTIE »

any idea why ? is there a safety issue with them or what. more info would be appreciated. thanks
NEWTIE
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Maybe cause there is a patent pending on them. My opinion only but seems thats when they were put onhold.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

deleted ... just caught up my reading ... don't want to open a can of worms
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wheelie wrote:Maybe cause there is a patent pending on them. My opinion only but seems thats when they were put onhold.

The NGSS is similar to the STS, but not exactly the same. The NGSS is adjustable, it can move back and fourth in seconds with an allen wrench. The STS can be adjusted with a hacksaw, but then thats it.
No hack saw for my bows.
The NGSS is one of many evolved versions of that bumper system.

I heard a rumor that STS was "going to get rich suing copies", that leaves little room for product improvement. I think the only company I know of that has succeeded in making money with lawyers instead of product development is Mag industries (Maglight), they sued every company who infringed on there "adjustable beam" flashlight.
It is hard to find a bow company who doesn't incorporate a bumper system of some form, STS is a very small company and will have their hands full when the produce their vague patent and attempt to bring a company to court who utilizes an bumper system, like Bowtech, the Desert stryker, not exactly small pototos.
"String tamer", "Hi-Tek string stop", "string stopper","mean-V" and many many others use this technology. Using a rubber pad to stop moving parts isn't exacly a new idea.
I hate copies, I'll be the first to admit it, but I am all for "improvement", the NGSS is a huge improvement in the world of bumper systems.
I have the STS as well as the NGSS, they both mount in the same holes (the only holes available) but they are very different items. Having said that, either of them are on my bow. :D
The STS is readily available, David at Wyvern creations will be happy to help you out.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

To Pydpiper:

Any estimates on when the latest version of the NGSS or (PPSS) will be available... :lol:
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Missouri_Hunter wrote:To Pydpiper:

Any estimates on when the latest version of the NGSS or (PPSS) will be available... :lol:
Nope, but once the legalities of the matter are dealt with they will likely be available. I also caught a glimpse of another project NG is working on that looks pretty exciting! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

Can't wait... :D
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs