Guy reaches in with hand and pulls LIVE coyote out..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

Don't get me wrong, I'd kill a yote every time, but I found the whole video a little disturbing. Every living thing at least deserves some respect... with the possible exception of oppossums ;)

Yes, finishing the yote off was right, but making a game or a joke out of killing a terrified animal is just wrong.
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
Exomaxer

Idiots

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

sorry but I fail to see what was so bad. Judging a book with only one page read. With a little video clip no one knows the whole story behind what happened. maybe it was wounded or some other reason that they just wanted to finish it off. Maybe when we hunt with friends we could leave the bush and sit down and have a good cry with each other about our hunt. Would that be more fun. Sit around the campfire talking about the good cry we have 3 years ago hunting.

A buddy of mine sticking his hand in there doing that I would be laughing also. sorry but that is me.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?
Button up my sleve,PRESTO
That's no Rabbit :? :?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

Wasn't going to comment on this but...

Videos like this do not do any of us any favours. We have a responsibility to the animals we hunt and I personally found that disturbing. That aside, this is precisely the type of footage which people will use to paint us all with the same brush.

To see that coyote flung out like that, well. It's all been said I suppose.

Finish it off, yes but with some respect.

Those images in a public forum harm us all.
Exomaxer

Some don't get it

Post by Exomaxer »

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I beleive that an anti could take footage of any hunt by any member here, no matter how perfect of a hunt we think it may have been, and turn it into something ugly. Personally I dont think we should clean up our act to please the antis. They wont be pleased until we are banned outright.

Shouldnt we do something other than attack another hunter?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Exomaxer

You got a point.

Post by Exomaxer »

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

The good thing if I there could even be a good thing about it being posted is----They antis if they see this thread may get some insight on how true responsable hunters feel about the way that was handled..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

R.J. wrote: Can imagine how terrified that yote was in the last minuets of it's life !
I passed on this for a while, but, got bored and decided to watch. Do I care how the coyote felt? No. Am I heartless? No.

There is no doubt that if the tables were turned, the coyote would take no mercy. They live their lives hunting down and killing others without mercy. Not only is it without mercy, it is relentless. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I would also have no issue with taking the Fort Hood killer and tying him to a whipping post and letting the public take as many lashes as they like before finishing him off without a trial. He deserves nothing better than what this coyote got. Why even waste our time and resources to get him in good health? That's the crappy part of our system. Giving mercy to the merciless.

Of course, this is in the catagory of "if I were in charge". Guess that's why I never win an election.

OK . . .go ahead, pass judgement.
Last edited by sumner4991 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The antis dont need video's like this if we turn against ourselves.

Just my opinion, and mine alone.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Fort Hood Killer = Crazy SOB ! ( I can't even begin to understand what brings someone to such an act ? )

Coyotes = Hunt for food , cause they have to !

Coyotes = Not intelligent enough to understand what mercy is ? And are not goverend by the same " thinking way " us humans have .

Let's face it .... we are superior predators , a coyote don't stand a chance against an armed hunter ...

Humans = Should be intelligent enough to realize that terrorizing an animal before killing it just ain't right !

Humans = Should be intelligent enough to realize that video taping and making light of such an act will draw negative feedback !

That's one thing about opinions .... we alll have one !

Flame away ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

R.J., I agree on all counts(except, we are not truly predators . . .we don't need to hunt to survive).

I just believe if we get too caught up into the feelings of the animals we hunt, then we'd be inclined to stop hunting and just eat our veggies.

I do think these guys will grow up one day and also believe they were a little on the stupid side. They are young kids. Not so sure about the intell. The guy did reach in a hole and pull out a live coyote. No glove. That act in itself has stupid written all over it. The other kid was a good shot, or he was lucky once, either way it was a clean shot.

I miss parading the bucks down mainstreet on the hoods of our SUVs. We should tell all the anti's publicly to kiss our arses. I'll never forget the first year the local paper refused to print the deer kill photos. What a shame. What a shame.

The antis will come running to us to save them one day and we will.

Fort Hood killer . . .I could go on forever on that guy. :evil: Not sure why they are making a big deal out of calling it a terrorist act. I'd still like to string the guy up ASAP. Tomorrow. Why aren't we smart enough to do that? :twisted:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

The antis will come running to us to save them one day and we will.
I have to agree ...
I miss parading the bucks down mainstreet on the hoods of our SUVs. We should tell all the anti's publicly to kiss our arses.
I have to agree ... to say times are changing is an understatement ... I guess I'm just real sensitive to anything that has a negative impact to my " passionate pursuit "

In my area alone we have lost many many hunting opportunities due to negative publicity ...

We dont pay any of the farmers , aside from sharing game , and occational wine etc. at Christmas .

I am very lucky to even have permission on some of the properties I do ...

On some farms , I have to be real low key ... If I drove down the farmers lane with the deer over the hood or on the tailgate with blood dripping , It would be the last time I would be welcome .. It sucks , but I respect their wishes and maintain a low impact presense just to have the privledge to be able to hunt there .

Then on other farms , they wouldn't think twice about driving the tractor right into the field to help with with the recovery ...

It sucks for sure ... we shouldn't have to hide what we do ... bloody encounters are a fact of life in our sport , nobody can deny that ..

But I see our sport under attack everyday ... So I try to take the high road and promote a positive image = that we are respectfull stewarts of the land and game we hunt ..

Video's like that coyote kill just rub me the wrong way ...

As for the Fort Hood killer ... man , I don't even want to get started on that one !

The world is full of some truly sick MF's and it will never stop ... ( not the way society leans towards reform over proper punishment ) ,,, getting steamed just thinking about it ! :evil:

Anyway , We just have to pray and hope that sickness never impacts our families !

In the mean time ... I try my best to put my best foot forward when I'm out in the field ... respect to the critters I pursue and I do my best to dispatch them as quickly as possible ... ( It dosen't always turn out that way ... show me someone that says they have never been part of , or witnessed a bad kill and I'll show you someone that hasn't spent much time hunting )
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Well it has all been said.... I truly felt sorry for that coyote.... I know they are a pain in the ars, but that video just makes me sick, :evil: :evil:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife