Guy reaches in with hand and pulls LIVE coyote out..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Guy reaches in with hand and pulls LIVE coyote out..

Post by Hoss »

This can start alot of junk about humain kills but to me a dead yote is good..they carry heartworms in my area bad and not to mention the damage to wildlife that we love to hunt. Domestic animals and on and on.......The bad thing is they gave the antis some serious footage of rednecks killing a coyote..They did a great service but could have handled it better for all concerned..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bqEGwVfWMs
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not the smartest move to grab a live one, but it turned out well (as in dead coyote).
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm with you Hoss on the way in which it was done. Fine with them doing it, but I think even coyotes deserve a little respect. I suppose there was some humour, but not my kind. Killing isn't that funny, even if it's pest control.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

That was my take on it to Moni..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

From what I gather the yote was injured and then went in the hole. You can hear the guy say "its still breathing" implying a previous shot, so I can see wanting to finish it off for humane reasons. And it was a very good finishing shot! It seems cruel, but It might have been more humane that shooting it in the arse.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I'm not saying they were inhumane at all; actually I thought it was decent of them to go through the effort to get a last shot at it and not let it suffer a lingering death. It's just a shame that the attitude they presented for the whole world to see on youtube wasn't more respectful. But then, I remember being younger and laughing at the way prairie dogs sometimes did flips or spins when I shot them so I'm not innocent either. :oops:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Petersen

Post by Petersen »

To me.....

Its an unfortunate reality when hunting that sometimes we do not make a perfect kill. It is however our responsibility to ensure that the animal does not endure any extra or unnecessary pain and suffering. So for that reason I would have to commend these two morons for ending that animals suffering at all cost. I myself do not enjoy this part of hunting, and rarely do I take time to joke or make light of the situation. These guys almost looked like they were enjoying it.....seems sad to me. Further more when something unfortunate happens like a crippled animal, I would seriously consider not filming this portion of my hunt, as like it was said earlier "this is only fuel for the anti's" , and pretty decent fuel at that. Despite what kind of animal I am hunting, I tend to have a little more respect for them, than what these two rednecks displayed. Pretty graphic stuff, even for a life long hunter like myself.

Just my two cents......
Wouldn't be hunting...if you got them all the time!
truckintravis

Post by truckintravis »

Guys got more guts than me! At least it wasnt left to suffer.
09' Equinox
varizone
Gold Tip Laser II
Slick Trick 100's
Peach

Post by Peach »

I don't see anything wrong with that...but I think the guy is crazy...wouldn't catch me sticking my arm in there.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
huntone

Post by huntone »

VixChix wrote:I'm not saying they were inhumane at all; actually I thought it was decent of them to go through the effort to get a last shot at it and not let it suffer a lingering death. It's just a shame that the attitude they presented for the whole world to see on youtube wasn't more respectful. But then, I remember being younger and laughing at the way prairie dogs sometimes did flips or spins when I shot them so I'm not innocent either. :oops:
x2, I am not so innocent to, but to put it on utube is fuel for the fire.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

thats was awesome
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
BigDogKahuna

Post by BigDogKahuna »

Well, the Coyote did not look very wounded to me so that was not the reason for pullng him out and then shooting him to finish him off, in my opinion. I have no problem shooting Coyote's and in fact have shot my fair share but only in fair chase. I also don't giggle and laugh like a child when I do it. Sorry guys, but I have to disagree with some and agree with others on this one...This definately should have and could have been handled in a different manner.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If a friend of mine stuck his hand in a hole that had a coyote in it, make no mistake, I would laugh, and laugh hard.
Those guys did everything right, tracked, found, then put every effort in to dispaching the coyote, can't judge them for having a good time doing it.
I don't nessasarily agree with posting it on the internet though, it can give the wrong impression to those who don't know better. It is hard to portray all the emotions that led that group to where they were in that video, they were hunting, their common goal was to dispatch a coyote, their success is shown and shared in their way, sheer happyness.
I am estatic when I am successful in a hunt, I laugh, smile and go through a torrent of emotions, it is a huge part of why I hunt, but as a snapshot from an outside viewer it can present its self in a way that can easily be misinterpreted.
Last year we had a prize for capturing shots of happy hunters, this year we condemn them? If at any point a still photo was take of that threesome it would show very differently than watching it all unfold in video. Yet the end was the same.
I say good for them, sharing a successful hunt with friends, very cool in my books. Laughing doesn't make it evil.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I with Peterson on this one ! ... I have no quams with buddies having fun hunting together ... but bottom line is we owe it to the animal , bird , fish , whatever to make a clean kill or the quickest dispatch method if we have a wounded animal on our hands ...

They could have easily put it down in the hole once they dug it out ..

Can imagine how terrified that yote was in the last minuets of it's life !

That video made me sick and ashamed ... Instead of being portrayed as legal ethical hunters ... they come across as freakin slob rednecks , with no respect for the animals they persude !

Man that's a shame ... the anti's will have a blast with that one ! :shock:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

"This is going to be funny!!"" Really??? I don't have anything against hunting coyotes, I have myself, but the attitude displayed is embarassing.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"