Time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bucont

Time

Post by bucont »

I have been reading allot of writings this season of members hunting with parents aging from 50 year olds on up to and including 90 plus. This is my first deer season without my Dad, he passed away Jan 10th 2009. :( Please everyone, enjoy every second with your folks, uncles, aunts and friends.

You never know what is around the corner and this next hunt maybe the last opportunity. Be safe out there!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Sound advice:

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero! :D
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote: Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero! :D

First Maxus and now Horace?

Never knew you had a Greek heritage.

No wonder you love skyline Chile! :lol:
saxman

Post by saxman »

I agree.
Good post :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Mike P

Re: Time

Post by Mike P »

bucont wrote: This is my first deer season without my Dad

The first season is the hardest bucont. As the seasons progress you find a peace in the deer woods and will think often of your father.

Every time I kill a buck I look skyward and say "What do you think Dad?" It is the very first thought in my mind when I walk up to the downed whitetail.

My father passed away eleven bucks ago.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

I have to agree with Mike P - the first season is the hardest.

I lost mine 3 years ago and it is difficult beyond words that first time out.

Those memories come flooding back like a tidal wave, but you have to let that process happen. It happens every year, but it changes.

I definitely feel closest to him there, and hopefully that will happen for you as well.

There's a little firepit we made of stone where we used to sit, take a break and have lunch. Haven't put a fire in it since. I might wait until my son is older (only 14 months now!) and renew that tradition. A little too soon for me still.

Good luck this season bucont. He will definitely be with you in spirit.
Take care.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The first season after Dad died 2 yrs ago (he died mid Oct.) when I finally got out to sit in the woods I would get the shakes. It was the only place I was alone and didn't have to worry about someone else. I think everything hit me then. I thought I was ok, but I guess I wasn't.

I needed that time alone to come to terms with my loss. I still always think of Dad when I'm out - I know he would have enjoyed the same things I enjoy, the sunrises/sunsets, the leaves changing colour, the birds looking for seeds, the squirrels playing...

I'll forever be grateful that Dad took every opportunity to point out the beauty in nature to me as I was growing up, and that he didn't treat me much different than my brothers. I'm a very fortunate daughter!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It must be tough, and I feel for all who may have lost a hunting partner. But what better way to honour a loved one who showed you the "heaven on earth"
FJB

Post by FJB »

It just reminds me to treasure every outing we have, with my dad and my sons and daughter. You never know how life plays out. We can all live one day at a time because it may be our last. We just buried my mother in law and this thread does strike a chord with me. Thank you
bucont

Post by bucont »

Thanks all for the kind words. Let all the lessons of the past guide you in life and the hunt.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

I feel so blessed to be able to hunt with my brother, uncle and Grandfather!!
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
wabi

Post by wabi »

This is my 25th year without my dad along, and I still think of him often when I'm outdoors. He loved the outdoors and taught me well. I try to pass some of that wisdom on to my son in return.
wabi
bbbwb

Time

Post by bbbwb »

Well said by everyone. I would just like to add that your thoughts not only apply to your dad, they apply to anyone of your family members ---- enjoy/cherish every moment of time you have with them as it may be the last. The road of life is lonely without Dad, but when your partner goes, the road is very lonely without her by your side.

bbbwb