Ontario hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

Ontario hunters

Post by gogo »

Just received an e-mail from the mnr, last year they passed a admenment to the act that allows bow hunters to have target points in their quiver when deer hunting. It was done with crossbow hunters in mind,they realized that some crossbow hunters shoot field tips to uncock their bows. But they warned just shoot broadheads at deer. Just for everyone's info.
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

tks i didnt even know it was a issue i thought that out of season you cant have a broad head in ur quiver i wasent aware that haveing a field point during season was illegal :? Go figure threre aint notin out there now thats not regulated buy some pencil pusher :D wait iam a pencil pusher :? :D
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I've carried a fieldpoint in my quiver for over 30 years & never had a problem with a game warden about it :shock:

Never seen anything in the regs either.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

The regs used to specify broadheads, unserrated, the size, number of blades, etc and that you were only allowed to have broadheads in your possesion to hunt. Technically, a blunt or FP in your truck counted. They removed all the regulations for 2009, except minimum size.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
mikej

Post by mikej »

mtbyak wrote:I've carried a fieldpoint in my quiver for over 30 years & never had a problem with a game warden about it :shock:

Never seen anything in the regs either.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
me too not for nearly as long but i've been checked and it was never a problem . it is legal to shoot small game with field points so why not carry both
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective