How many croosbows have you been through?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

How many croosbows have you been through?

Post by Arkbow »

When I started getting into crossbows, I started with Barnett, then bought 2 PSE's then started with excalibur;

I can only wish that I had kept some of my older excals but back then I didn't see the importance of holding on to good equiptment; I have leanred my lesson;

Now I just add more to my collection.... 8)
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I've only had one; my Exomax.

I can't imagine wearing it out. :D
Grizz
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Started with a Bear-Jennings. I had a Exomax(that I let my son have) now I have a Browning(that I have never shot) and a Exocet. Harvested lots of deer with my Bear-Jennings but absolutely love my Excalibur.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

Started with a Crissbow MKIII, switched to a Horton 150lb (CB019) and finally got stuck with Excal's when I 1st shot a Paradox. Today, it's mainly Exomax for target shooting and a Phoenix for food. Would be happy if Excal would build something with wheels, also understand that there's no need. To me, Exomax feels more like a gun rather than a crossbow. Shot a Horton Vision some time ago and am considering something with wheels again in the future. Really liked the smoothness. Still waiting to see what Excal is doing in 2010/11. More lbs? wheels or camo/T-hole for the vixen II ?? Something like the RDT125 with all the Excal pro's (quality, service and accuracy) would be really nice......IMHO

Would never bring a crossbow (CB019) to a pawn store again.......just keep it
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tried a few such as Horton & Barnett over the years but wasn't impressed with them as being reliable & accurate enough for serious hunting use.
Tried my first Excalibur (Vixen) about 10 years ago and have been a crossbow hunter ever since.
Sold the Vixen & bought an Exocet after a few years, but soon found out the Exocet was just a little too long for me to cock easily. When the Phoenix was Introduced I bought one and have used it since then.
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I was told that an Excalibur would last me a lifetime. So far, so good.

I have two, an Exomax and a Vixen. I have never owned nor have I shot any other brand of crossbow. I figure, why bother. Other folks are always asking to shoot mine and I let them. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

My First was a jennings that blew up on me and put a nice scar on my neck whe. the limb bolt broke and it spun around with the cable attatched and knocked me good.I didn't shoot another x bow for years.
Then I went to a Barnet Quad 400 years later,it blew up on someone else.
Then I had an ExoMax with zero problems and I sold it for the Equinox that I currently have :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

About 55 years ago or so my two brothers and I were each given a "toy" hand crossbow by Mom or Dad. Well, it didn't take long for the rubber cups to get removed from the wood arrows and the arrows finding themselves wittled to have points. We knew nothing of %FOC in those days yet many a brook frog fell to our "toy" crossbows. Kinda stuff that would probably get a kid locked up today or at least a year in therapy.

Forward ~55 years and I recently got an Exocet that was bought for my 65th BD. I wouldn't think of shooting a frog today - if you could find one :( - but deer and turkey are fair game. :) For now one CB is enough what with other bows, rifles and handguns to shoot and hunt with.

Take care...
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

For 15 years now, I've been trying to wear-out my first and only crossbow or find a reason why I should replace it. I've failed miserably on both counts! :wink:
Last edited by ninepointer on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

I have 2 x-bows a, 20+ year old Excaibur Wolverine and new this fall, a Exocet 200. My son is getting old enough to use one now so . . is was time for dad to get a new one. :lol:
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Parker Terminator, great bow but smallish stock kept my fingers blue. Equinox, BEAST, shot well but too difficult to cock for my 69 yr old twice-cut back.
Vortex, great, still in my stable
Phoenix, intended as my backup bow but performed so well during tryout it jumped to the top.
Parker Cyclone, my "speed bow.'' Fastest bow for the money at the time''with lifetime warranty. Like a trophy wife, great looking, HOT, but requires a lot of stroking to be happy.
I'm 3 for 5 at the moment, Phoenix and Vortex are here to stay.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Well it started in 1990, when I purchased my first Excalibur, a Wolverine. For the next 10 years, not having access to an area suitable to bowhunting, I only used it down in my basement.

In 2001, I purchased an Exocet 165, and started using it to hunt. Since then, over the years, I've also owned a Vixen, Phoenix, Exocet 175, Vortex, Exomag, Exomax and a Tenpoint Elite QX-4.

Currently I only own 3, an Exocet 175 (3D), Exomag 200 (Hunting), and the Tenpoint (Collection Piece).

If I could only own one, it would be the Exomag 200, which in my opinion was and still is the best all round Excalibur made to date.
Last edited by ComfyBear on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Tom

Post by Tom »

sumner4991 wrote:I was told that an Excalibur would last me a lifetime. So far, so good.
My first crossbow was an Excalibur Relayer over 25 years ago and it is still the only crossbow I own or hunt with.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

First was a Barnett then a Horton and the best I ever shot and still have is the Excalibur Exocet... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

started with a horton stag the a horton supermag then a older expcet now my baby is a exomax and lovin it :D
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter