Another splinter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spaerorob

Another splinter

Post by spaerorob »

I had a problem with a tiny splinter on one limb were the limb meets riser, it was only tiny and after emailing a photo to steve at excalibur , he told me to send the limbs to ausbow the Australian distributor for a replacement . Awsome customer relations. After mailing them of i got my replacements in 7 days great. I attached the new limbs buy the book fired 50-60 shots into the bag could not be better, firing spot on. So time to go hunting,after travelling 5 and a half hours north with a mate . Friday night we set up camp for a early rise to get some bacon. Up at 5 we set out 2 hours into the hunt i was checking the xbow ( allways check bolt good ,string etc every 15 min ive had alot of string problems before) one limb had a splinter the size of my pinky on the front half way down limb. What can i say i was sure at first i was seeing things but no big splinter. I cant see why it splintered , no dry fire every thing was spot on , but this limb was different than all the rest in that it had no pitting. My other limbs had small pits (indents ) this limb was completly smooth and im just wondering if it was some fault in manufacture or just bad luck. I hope Steve is as helpfull this time or thinks some dumb Australia is using his xbow as a shovel or something. Spent the rest of the day trying to spot pigs for mate in abad mood, and then on the way home hit a roo at 110km took out roo bar and spottes not a good hunt Such is life.
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

:o wow not the story i was hoping to read iam sure excal will take care of you all the same lady luck was not on ur side during that hunt :(
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Been thinking of this all day, off and on since I got your email this a.m. This is soooo rare w/ Excal.

I'm wondering if your bow monkey didn't send a previously boogered limb by mistake? Probably hard to tell, am sure if so it was an accident.

You should be 'gold' now! Good Luck!
"Eze 18:21"
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

this is the first ive read with such a problem..Im sure Excalibur will take care of you though