The Cherry on top...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

The Cherry on top...

Post by FredBear »

Last week was a week to forget. It was the first week of November which usually means the chase heats up in our area. So I like to take some time of work, and get out in the woods. Well Tuesday morning I wake up coughing blood.... Well that's just great you can't hunt when you can't stop coughing. So it's off to work. Kenton, and I had a bead on 52 getting pictures of him, and then... His core home which WAS a corn field gets picked.... So back to finding him again.... I couldn't kick the illness all week. I finally get out Sunday evening for a hunt. I only see one deer. The last hour off the hunt I can't stop coughing so... obviously I wasn't going to see any deer. So the sunsets I head to the truck. I put all my clothes away in my sent free bags, get into the truck. I back up onto the road, and I though I had ran over a rock, or into the edge of the ditch... NOPE it was my bow!!!!! I never put it into my truck :evil: So at first glance I knew that I had broke the quiver, and every arrow in it. I wasn't happy with that but... it could be worse. After today it is worse. I shot it, and it shoots VERY, VERY high. I have a splinter on top of one limb... Well that is the cherry on top! So maybe this week will bring new, and better things. I will be using a vert bow (Mathews) until I get my bow figured out.. It maybe the limb, and the scope.... The odds in vegas just went down AGAIN!
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Man, thats gotta hurt. I ran over my tenor sax once. Luckily it was only the case that got smashed. Hope you can repair/replace for not too much $$$$$.

And I hope that cough straightens out.

Long
lscha

Post by lscha »

Yikes!! Don't buy any lottery tickets. I'm sorry to hear about your luck or lack of it. It just has to get better. :(
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

At least we have been on big deer all week...oh wait.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Kenton wrote:At least we have been on big deer all week...oh wait.
Not till I ran my bow over! Then we both find mature bucks the next day... Guess I should have done this in October? :roll:
prossbow

Post by prossbow »

Hope you get it all sorted out soon, health and crossbow.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Wow. When it rains, it pours eh? Sorry to hear of the bad luck. Maybee your just getting it all out of your system, and from here on in its much better.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

sure yer name ain't Murphy ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

smokepolehall wrote:sure yer name ain't Murphy ?
It was last week :D I'm over it! This is life, and I will move on. I now get to kill a deer with a vert bow, which I have never done before! It only took me 4 year to find away to break the exomag :lol: It only took my truck :shock: On the up side I still can't find away to break a boo string......
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well thats a heck of a way to break-in yer Emag, pun intended.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Wow - that's really nasty! Glad to see you still have a sense of humour about it though! :D Now go out there and rack up some team points with your vert! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hope you get feeling better soon. The bow, arrows, and Quiver are all replaceable. Your HEALTH is not!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Wow, tough week.

I am glad you both are on large bucks now.

Aaron, if you need a crossbow you can use my exocet (old style 165 but shoots great) and I will drive north and meet you half way. I would offer you the Phoenix but the wifey is using it every day.

Send that bow off to Dan Miller right away. I think you will be surprised how fast you get it back.

Let me know if you want the Exocet.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Did you go to the doctor?

You need to make good use of your personal doctor and a bow doctor.

I hope you are back in the woods very soon.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ship that Excalibur to Danny Miller and tell him what happened, he will get it shooting again for you.

I've been fighting with the cough since I had the flu. I'm not sure it wasn't a light touch of pneumonia from the way it's acting. I still hunt, but I carry a large bandanna to muffle the cough. I've had deer ignore a muffled cough at under 50 yards before, so I figure there's always a chance to get a dumb one. (the dumb ones taste just the same as the smart ones in my experience)

There is a new buck that has showed up where I hunt. The landowner saw him yesterday and told me he's a huge 12 point! He said the buck was 150 yards away and even at that distance he was enough to give you the shakes. :lol:
wabi