Those that have served

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Those that have served

Post by Doe Master »

I was sitting here thinking there appears to be many whom have served their country or who`s family have served . Maybe I`m wrong but it would be nice to see and is a fitting tribute to family members who have served .
I`ll start it off .
I served 6 years regular force in the west coast Navy then 5 years reserve. :)
Tribute to my maternal grandfather. He served in the Canadian Navy during the Second World War . :D
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

:) To add to those mentioned there was my grandfather who served with the British navy, my father, second world war Canadian navy,my husband(old Buck) 5 yrs. with the Canadian navy and to carry on the tradition, Doemaster with the Canadian navy. In war and peace they along with thousands of other,were there.
TPM

Post by TPM »

My father served during WW II and both grandfathers during WW I.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I hope I don't offend anyone.

My paternal Grandfather was navy in WWI and an Uncle was navy in WWII.

My Dad was "front helper" at 14. At the end when they threw all the youngsters they had into the last futile efforts, he missed being slaughtered with his friends at the French front because a doctor who saw the writing on the wall sent him home on medical leave for a trivial reason. God bless him for saving that 14 yr old.

My maternal Grandfather was army in WWII but once he saw what it was all about he began to work covertly to save Jews. Once the war was over American soldiers would take him for days at a time, leave him tied to a tree, pretend to shoot him, then eventually return him home. After a while his health deteriorated from the ongoing exposure and abuse. He died when my Mom was still young.

I remember my Dad telling about seeing his first dead American - a pilot who'd crashed in the woods near his hometown village. He was amazed that the American was a young man, just like so many of his own friends. After all the propaganda they'd been fed it came as a surprise that Americans were just as human as he was.

After what they'd lived through in their youth, my parents never imagined they'd ever raise 3 Americans someday.

Nov. 11th always leaves me feeling conflicted. My heritage is the "losing side" so I grew up with a different perspective. History is written by the winners. I'm an American, and yet the Americans committed atrocities against my relatives.

This might sound sacrilegious, but I don't wear a poppy. I'm too conflicted. It feels it would somehow dishonor the sacrifice of my own family.

So on Nov. 11th I remember all who served and all who suffered and died in the awful machine of war, no matter what side they were on.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Appreciate all of your efforts and sacrifices.

F
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I served 4 Years U.S.M.C. Our Youngest Son 5 Years Army M.P. My Dad 2 Years Army. My Grandfathers both served in the Army.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I served in the US Navy but spent most of my tour in the mojave desert at a weapons test center instead of on a ship. (Vietnam era)

My father was in the navy, too. He was in WWII from Pearl Harbor to the end of the war. He spent the entire war on the same ship - the USS Tennessee (battleship).
wabi
Adam

Post by Adam »

Just under 4 years with the Canadian Forces and recently just got back from Afghanistan.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Me 6 yrs US Army

Father US Army 35 Yrs

Tks to all who served and are still serving
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My Dad, Uncle and I are Marines. thanks to all of you that serve.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

VixChix wrote: I'm too conflicted.
It never is easy is it Vix.

Wars are fought for various reasons, usually geography, religion and ideology. Of course when the wars are over you can look back and say none were really very good ideas.

Those of us that fought in those wars are not immune to also being conflicted. One learns a lot about ones self when one takes a human life. War is very ugly when it is up close and personal and you see the faces of the soldiers shooting at you and vice versa.

The way I look at it Vix, days dedicated to remembering all who have served do not discriminate by uniform or nationality. Soldiers die on both sides.

I like to think we are remembering all of them.

So wear your flower. You are honoring everyone who has donned the uniform regardless of country of origin.

Mike P
US Army
saxman

Post by saxman »

My Dad. D-Day 1st day 2nd wave 2nd rangers (point du hock)
Many of my uncles.
My daughter Kelly.82nd airborne, Fayettenam

God bless all who have and do serve
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Rich

Post by Rich »

The 3 Richards, my dad served 20 years in the Navy, myself 30 years in the Navy and now my son 1.5 years Navy. He is currently in Afghanistan with the 2nd Marine Division.

Rich
Isis

Post by Isis »

My father Petty officer, Royal navy.(Fleet air arm). He used to keep the guns tuned up on the planes.
Father-in-law Flight engineer Lancaster bomber Royal airforce.
Two uncles Royal navy.
One on minesweepers.
The other on a destroyer. He got torpedoed, rescued, and then torpedoed and rescued again, all in one day. In the indian ocean.
All servived the war.
Now they are all gone.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Me, 4+ years USMC & Viet Nam vet.

Dad & Uncles WWII Army, Army Air Corps & Navy. Sadly :cry: all have died and only have two Aunts still living from that generation. Oh how I miss all the "war stories" that were told over and over again.

Take care...