0/T Todays Globe and Mail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

swiftfox

0/T Todays Globe and Mail

Post by swiftfox »

There is an excellent article in today's Glob (Globe and Mail newspaper for you American members.) It was written by Patricia Dawn Robertson on"Why I changed my mind about the long-gun registry." Try to give it a read if you can.

Swiftfox

If this needs to be moved to O/T please do so.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

She is so right!! its about time someone see's it from our point of view!! :D
WISH I COULD SHOOT A DEER SOMEDAY!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That was absolutly awesome!!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I liked that, thanks for the link.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Very good read and well written Mike P do you have a sister? :wink:
The best things in life are not things!!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

It IS a good article.

However, read some of the comments posted to her article on the Globe website.

Better yet, join in the commentary. Just remember to be polite and express yourself in a calm, patient, manner. It's the "antis" that we want to sound like nutbars.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
dsr

Post by dsr »

Why is gun ownership or not seen as an urban vs rural issue? Surely not all the Gunnutz are rural dwellers.Aren't any of you guys town or city folks? I live in a rural area and not everybody in my area is pro gun. Probably the majority of gun owners are urban people--if for no other reason than there are more of you than of us.
One of the good things that came out of all the kaffufle around the registry is the handling and storage of firearms and ammo,Remember the good old days when storing you guns and ammo meant putting them into the back of your clothes closet? I know of several bad incidents that occurred because of poorly storing guns.
As to the police using the registry in their work isn't there some kind of record of all citizens that have a PAL or a POL ? If you have one of these licences it's a good bet that you also have weapons. If the police need this info they shoud check the records for PAL&POL.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good Article!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

dsr wrote:As to the police using the registry in their work isn't there some kind of record of all citizens that have a PAL or a POL ? If you have one of these licences it's a good bet that you also have weapons. If the police need this info they shoud check the records for PAL&POL.
Yes, I have heard that use mentioned with some frequency on the news, too, over the past few years.

I don't understand the logic of their statement with regards to checking to see if someoene has guns before they answer a call at a residence.

What I would be concerned about is;

They get a call to some distrbance at a residence.

Check the registery, the info comes back "no guns registered at that address".

Then, surprise, they respond and come up against the person there that has an unregisted gun. If someone is likely to be causing a problem, it is quite possible they just may have an unregisterd gun.

IMHO, the registry would not give any meaningful information as to confirming and guaranteeing that there is, or is not, a gun or guns present, not everyone has registered them.

I'm sure those gang members don't register their's. :roll:
10Ring
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

From what I understand, the registry is checked automatically every time anything is checked... likely even licence plates. So yeah, it would be used a lot... but for what reason? and for what benefit? From what I gather most of the use is "incidental". :roll: That would skew the usage stats, I imagine!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.