Fenix Flashlights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Fenix Flashlights

Post by Sliver »

Just wondering if anyone knows who carries the Fenix torches locally? Toronto -Oshawa ? I would like to see one before I buy it .. been searching online, but can't find anything local yet :oops:
Thinking the TK 20 could be worth the dollars,,, unless there is something better for around the same money.. that uses AA batteries

Thanks for any info

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
terrym

Fenix

Post by terrym »

I bought the TK 10 last year and couldn't be happier. My buddy is an Ontario GAme Warden and they carry the same unit on duty. The batteries are not cheap but this thing lights up the night like an airplane landing. It truly is amazing and I only use it for hunting so don't mind the price of batteries. Fenix make only the highest quality products. Very High end, you won't be dissapointed. I bought mine direct from this guy, actually met him in Mississauga at a Timmy's and made the deal there. Give him a call.
http://www.fenixtactical.com/index.html
Phoenix
Boo string
Dan Miller quiver mount
STS
Varizone
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/linderhof/iceage.gif[/img]
blackjack

Re: Fenix Flashlights

Post by blackjack »

Sliver wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows who carries the Fenix torches locally? Toronto -Oshawa ? I would like to see one before I buy it .. been searching online, but can't find anything local yet :oops:
Thinking the TK 20 could be worth the dollars,,, unless there is something better for around the same money.. that uses AA batteries

Thanks for any info

Harry
hi l've just brought a led lenser p7 015450. awsum torch take's 4 aa batteries never seen a torch so bright it cost me $95 au but l'm sure there cheaper were you are..regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Fenixtactical is your local dealer, they are right by you.
Also, all Fenix have rechargable solutions now, don't spend a penny on primary Lithium 123A's! Rechargable Lithium Ion is way cheaper, lasts longer, better in the cold and will drive your light to a brighter level, safely.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
charlie4

Post by charlie4 »

I couldn't decide on the tk 20 or the Olight m20 Warrior. With some help from other members I decided on the M20 and couldn't be happier. Picked mine up new off of ebay with the case and spare seals. My buddy was making fun of my little flashlight until he saw it light up the woods while tracking his deer. He had to keep changing batteries on his cheap flashlight. You get what you pay for. Check this site out they have the olight with the triple a mini light on sale. They also carry the tk 20. Good luck I'm sure you will be happy with either light.
charlie4

Post by charlie4 »

Sorry forgot the site on the last post

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-h ... 0-aaa.html
wabi

Post by wabi »

As Bob indicated I'm a big fan of the TK20.
I have 3 fenix lights, all use AA batteries, and all are top quality, but the TK20 is by far the best for viewing distant objects at night. On the down side, the TK20 is a bit bright and has a concentrated beam, so for blood trailing I prefer my L1T which uses a single AA battery for power and provides a less intense and concentrated beam (and also stretches my battery reserves farther).
I have not tried other brands of the new LED type lights other than an LED conversion for my AA maglight. I figure I'm perfectly happy with my fenix lights, so why look elsewhere?
wabi
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

fenix rocks ..check ebay for some deals
bow4it

Post by bow4it »

I got the new Fenix HP10 Head lamp. It is very bright. This may be an option.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Thank you for all your responses! Now to decide, The TK 20, TK12 or the Oligt M20 warrior? or maybe a couple :lol: :wink:
I like the fact the TK20 uses AA....

Thanks again for your help :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I took the leap, went for a drive and picked up the TK20.... and man is it bright!!.... can;t wait for it to get dark now :lol: :lol: I do have a charger and batteries but will look into a better charger than the one I have,,, it's no $140.00 charger,,, but it works good..... would you say rechargable batteries work better than your normal AA alkaline's ? the fella I bought it from told me rechargables would work better with this light ? what about in the cold?
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use NiMH AA batteries and a LaCrosse BC-9009 charger.
The charger was very reasonably priced and is capable of several charging modes + a reconditioning cycle for older batteries.
click here to view LaCrosse charger

The weakness of NiMH batteries is that they loose their charge in storage. I try to re-charge my batteries at least every 30 days. I use NiMHs for all my AA lights, cameras, and tools so it's usually not a problem of having them stored too long. :roll:
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Temperature plays a huge roll in the performance of a battery, cold batteries can be reduced to as much as 50% while cold.
The only solution besides keeping them warm (impossible with a dedicated outside light, in the car, unheated garage..) is to switch to Lithium, Lithium has way better cold weather performance than lead acid, alkaline or Ni Cad. Better yet, a rechargable Lithium battery, Lithium Ion, is even better in extreme temps.
Living in a cold climate it is important to me that when I turn my light on it will actually "turn on". Lithium is the only way to go in that aspect.
As an example, I keep a MagLight permanantly mounted in most of my vehicles, in the winter I fully expect those light to turn on at half the output they would in the summer, and last half as long, if that.

When I buy new lights these days I look for ones that use 2 123A batteries, then use a rechargable 18650 Lithium Ion cell in their place. I have some original Pila batteries that are going on 5 years old, they get recharged every day and used continously in a variety of lights, they are still running strong.
AA batteries are easy to find, but quality ones like Lithium are very expensive and still can't compete with a good rechargable stick. Cost has dropped dramatically too, a good rechargable battery (lithium Ion) and charger will cost about $30, have an amazing 10 year shelf life and will outperform any other battery composition. Lithium has no memory, if you fully charge a NiCad and only use a bit of it then recharge the battery will eventually only deliver the amount you previously demanded of it. Lithium will not do that.

Here are a couple versions of very modern batteries.
Left to right, first is a rechargable 123A battery, second is primary 123A batteries, Surefire brand, third is a "Pila" stick, it is meant to replace two 123A batteries like the surefire ones beside it, cheap to use and can be charged as often as you would like. The two blue cells on the right are Chinease copies of the original Pila, had for about $10 compared to the $140 I paid for the pila. On top is a lithium battery charger, it will take any variety of cell from a single 123A to a Double.
Any light bought for a use above what an average guy would use it for will use Lithium cells, and for good reason, they deliver current when current is needed. They don't hesitate when it is cold and their self discharge rate can't be beat.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string