Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

:P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

OK ... you talked me into it.

I'll stay ... but I'm hurt. :P

Here's what I think about it, and keep in mind I'm not talking about anyone specifically, but about the thing in general:

Ever hear of Pandora's Box?

To me, it doesn't matter who does it ... I believe that crying foul on pictures you don't approve of is the squeak of it's hinge, so far as free-interacting forums are concerned.

For me, a little of that stuff goes a loooooooongggg way.

I think it's perfectly obvious to sensible people when a hunting picture is over-the-top and absolutely inappropriate for sharing on a public forum ... and I also think that I haven't seen such a picture submitted on this one.

I just don't think the pictures posted on here have been that offensive. Some obviously do. As I stated, all of us will never agree on this matter.

And we don't have to, either! :D

As Forrest Gump observed: "And that's all I have to say about that."

So, prime your cannons and fire away. I really am done with this thread! :D 8)
Grizz
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I don't think any photos on this forum have been offensive either, Grizz. At least not for a while. And the only appropriate time to criticize pics is during the voting for the photo contest and only then because there are so many good ones. I have a sneaking suspision that other forums aren't the same. 99.9% of people can tell when a picture is over the line, but those pictures do still show up (again, not on this forum often).
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Mike P wrote:I am saying you have to be smart about what you post. Saying you don't give a damn what others think is very short sighted. Those "others" may just go into the voting booth and tell you they don't give a damn what you think as they affect how and when you hunt. With the political climate what it is in North America these days we as hunters must be aware of this.
I've been dealing with the anti's over 30yrs and don't care what they think, short sighted not hardly, nor a short memory your a good one to talk about pics when I remember a INAPPROPRIATE PICTURE that you posted in the other topic section with Pres Obama and a little girl last Easter OBAMA HAVING FUN which to me is one of the worst I've seen, do you remember that pic, and I don't give a damn what you think, my granddaughter was there that day could have been her in that pic, if so I would have been on my way to Ohio

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:
if so I would have been on my way to Ohio

Wes
Hey we finally found something more inappropriate than any picture: a threat. Classless.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Whoa, folks! Hang on a minute.... Let's not lose perspective here.

We all agree that blood and guts are part of hunting and we're not ashamed to be known for getting messy.

What we disagree on is to what degree we should let our perception of the opinions of others influence what we post. There will never be a forum consensus and the moderators have been kind enough to allow us a great deal of leeway in this.

Realistically, we'll never all agree. The best we can do is present different views and learn more about how others think and feel.

I'm proud of the way this forum generally handles different opinions without getting nasty. I also love the way people can have a bit of fun kidding around with each other. Let's keep it that way.

We're all on the same team even if we play different positions. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
8up

Post by 8up »

Well to tell the truth if I post a pic you don't like don't look at my post. If you are admin remove my post and maybe I will go away on my own maybe you will ban me. I will not apologize for posting blood or guts on a hunting forum. I would not post these same photo's on a Martha Stewart forum. As a rule I do not worry about politically correct about anything, I am just me and if you like it fine and fine if you don't.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

VixChix wrote:Whoa, folks! Hang on a minute.... Let's not lose perspective here. I'm proud of the way this forum generally handles different opinions without getting nasty. Let's keep it that way.
I agree, Vix.

Yes, the Earl Pitts thing was ruthless.

Yes, I was terribly wounded.

But I'm gonna try and be nice to Mike anyway! :P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Someone has to. :D :D
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

8up wrote: If you are admin remove my post
Ain't likely to happen, 8up. Our Excal friends let us watch over ourselves.
8up wrote: maybe I will go away on my own
And I hope you "going away" won't happen. No one wants that.
8up wrote: I am just me and if you like it fine and fine if you don't.
Stick around, and be yourself. We all have our place here.

You're needed. :D
Grizz
Limbs and Sticks

p

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Kenton wrote:
Limbs and Bolts wrote:
if so I would have been on my way to Ohio

Wes
Hey we finally found something more inappropriate than any picture: a threat. Classless.

you want to see classless ask your buddy to post that pic then you can judge me if he has the nerve
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Come on guys... there's no need to go there.

Most of us have made posts that we thought better about after we pressed "submit".

Let it go, move on.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Well, we can start an entire new thread about what is appropriate and what is not appropriate for posting in the "other topics" area of the forum. What Wes is referring to has nothing to do with the posting of hunting pictures and how it affects the way hunters are viewed by the non hunting public. Lets all be honest here, what takes place in the "other topics" area of the forum has a much broader base for expression then the area we are now in. It was created just for that purpose. Just look what takes place there on a regular basis that would be deemed unacceptable here in the crossbow hunting section.

8up wrote: I will not apologize for posting blood or guts on a hunting forum. I would not post these same photo's on a Martha Stewart forum. As a rule I do not worry about politically correct about anything, I am just me and if you like it fine and fine if you don't.
No one is asking anyone for apologies. None are necessary. Some here will understand the larger picture and how we present ourselves to the non hunting public that ultimately affects how, when and what we can hunt. Some will not.
Limbs and Bolts wrote: I don't give a damn what you think
Wes
And even when we are at opposite ends of the discussion we can still find something that both agree upon, lol. Oh, and say hi to your buddy for me. :wink:
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'll be honest..... At no time is it appropriate to post a picture of a little girl appearing to give oral sex to an adult. It does not matter what section it was put into it is just plain wrong!
Some people just like stepping on rakes