Palmated Buck Mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Oh geeze, that was my 2000th. post. And I had to waste it on a silly rebuttal to you grizz!:wink:

Well, look at it this way. This is post number 2001.

Forget space, this has been a true forum Odyssey over the past several years. :lol:
michiganman

bucks

Post by michiganman »

has the rut slowed down in ohio mike??

i see your gun season is after the rut also.JIM
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
mikej

Post by mikej »

post a pic when you get him done mike
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
leonk

Post by leonk »

I like them (EU mounts), more those with less scull, less those with bone to the nose. But what do I know? I am from Europe (well kinda) :D
My wife likes them too (well, more than body mounts - they do look like dead animals in the house to her) :?
barnett

Post by barnett »

Ok this is mine im 37 and ive been doing this for 30 yrs. Now this was a 2 quad puller over the the lake erie lake bank and i can honestly say dave snook from the local taxidermist says its one of the biggest to go through the shop. I talked to my wife ...........................but she won. this is what i got and im proud of him. The story well we pushed a gully due to a wounded deer in a gully from and well he came out and well (hen peckers) nickname gun didnt go off muzzy loader well this giant jumped the lake bank and SWAM out in the lake WAY OUT and swam back in and as soon as he was out of water he walked a bit walked up the beach and looked up and well hes my memory ill never forget............joey
If your not first YOUR LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Mike P wrote: Ray, I had no idea you were going the European route.
I didn't either Mike. As we discussed many times prior to our hunt, I knew that judging the bucks age and rack would be a difficult challenge for me and that fear was justified several times as I let some real good bucks walk on the very first day :? Now, considering that Tyler and I were invited to return in 2010 and the fact that I'm already having my first "big buck" mounted, the one that I killed here in N.C.. I decided to save the money and wait a year and see what 2010 would bring :wink: :wink: . Hope that made sense, I'm a bit under the influence of my pain meds.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
catcher

Post by catcher »

I prefer the kind that is mounted on an angle myself. I think it really looks more like the deer would look like mounted in a cape mount. The antlers look more natural to me.

Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Here's one I did of a little screwed up 6 pt I shot several years ago to get out of the herd.

I did the work on the skull myself, but bought the pedestal mount. I found a guy in NC that makes them. This one is made out of red cedar and is really top notch. :wink:

Cleaning the skull up is really a piece of cake and satisfying knowing that you did it all yourself. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool european mounts guys !

I have a few different types of mounts .

Shoulder mount .

You can get an artist print of what your buck might have looked like in the bush ..

Simple scull cap mount .

Scull cap on a board with date plate .

And I got my first european ...

Still love the " before " field shots though ...

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "