Human Nature

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kelley

Human Nature

Post by Kelley »

Well folks I guess when a forum has this many members not all of us are honest upstanding people.
I got RIPPED-OFF on a Trading Post item.
I have bought several items from the Trading Post and have had good luck with most of the items I bought. I bought a Scope that was advertised as being NEW condition. When I put it on my Slug gun it was all over the target shooting from bench. I PMed the member that sold it to me an he replied

"That's the same results I had with it.That's why I sold it." This a direct Quote from his reply from my PM.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent and let the 99.9% great members of this forum know that not all of us are honest.
Kelley
Last edited by Kelley on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
old fart jim

Post by old fart jim »

that member should be bared from the trading post
time in the woods is time well spent
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

You need to post all of his information, so everyone will know how he is.
Then he won't have a chance to do that to any one else.
That is really low, what an #$%^&*^. :x :x :x :x :x :x
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

I will tell you right now it was me.....I sold him a Cabelas EXT Slughunter Scope 3-9x40.I had it on my 20 gauge slug gun and it performed ok with my setup-5 inch groups at 50 yards.Not so great so I got to a shotgun specific forum and ask whats the deal.They say because the scope was probably desingned for 12 gauge loads or the load your using might not be the right combo for the ballistics drop reticle.So I decide to sell it and get a regular single crosshair scope.That was the end of it until I got a pm from kelley saying he cant get it to group.It wasnt damaged in any way, shape, or forum when I sent it and looked brand new.Ive bought and sold things on here before without any problems and really cant figure out what happened unless it was damaged during shipping.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I got a PM from a member concerned about me thinking other members using Trading Post were the same. Not at all. I think that 99.999% of our members are totally honest and would trust anything they said about a item they had for sell. It just burned me up when I received the Quote I posted.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

There was no mention when I bought the scope that it had 5 inch groups
@ 50 yards with any gun. I would never have bought it. Sorry I started this but was burned up at the Quote I recieved.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

thanks for the kindness and hearing out the whole story old fart jim and island hunter.
I really loved this forum.It was a great place to learn stuff about my crossbow,tips,and many other great hunting related things.Not to mention some really good members unlike other forums Ive been to but I am calling it quits and leaving this forum.Thanks to the members who didnt hate me and helped me with all my questions....sorry to catcher and uncle fester(team members for the deer contest).
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

The best solution should be to return it for a full refund of what was paid. Problem solved. That way there is no hard feelings.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Ben S. wrote:The best solution should be to return it for a full refund of what was paid. Problem solved. That way there is no hard feelings.
Agree! :(
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Did not offer to take it back when I told him the problem. I would not have named him in any public forum. Just making a rant after the Quote from him in the PM. I told him the 5" groups was on my 12ga Savage 210 with 5 different brands of slugs.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Ben S. wrote:The best solution should be to return it for a full refund of what was paid. Problem solved. That way there is no hard feelings.
That would be the honourable solution, even if the buyer was to pay shipping to get it back to the seller. However, it would appear that the seller is taking the easy way out and pulling the old "I quit the forum because someone called me out" trick. Funny thing is, these folks are usually back online under a week with a new username.
gogo

Post by gogo »

The only right thing to do is to return the man's money in full. If not remember do a good deed good things happen do bad things and it will come back to haunt you. Stiff someone thats ticks me off.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

If i could only shoot 5 Inch groups at 50 yards with a weapon I would Quit Hunting!! Need to return the mans money not run away from a Great Forum!!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I'm afraid its now a matter of losing face on the forum. We have lost a member. Never a good thing. :(
vaguru

Post by vaguru »

Cabelas will make things right with the scope. I understand the current owners disappointment. I do think taking/returning it to Cabelas will get him a new one, or maybe even a credit.
Gold Tip Pro Staff
Bohning Pro Staff