Deer by Cabin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Deer by Cabin

Post by vixenmaster »

I got up this morning stoked up the fire in small wood stove, twas biting cold in here. Went outside to fire up generator fer power to cabin. I saw a Doe & fawn along my fence line where i cut our road here to place. Sure is nice to see them right here.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mike P

Re: Deer by Cabin

Post by Mike P »

smokepolehall wrote:I Went outside to fire up generator fer power to cabin.

Hey smoke, I am curious. How do you access the internet?

Does the cabin have phone service?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Would you believe the local phone company was willing to run undergroud cable & ph. line over a 1000 ft. to our cabin. The Co-op power company turned us down & would only run it if i paid fer every ft. at $4 per, thats over 4K! We have local & long distance & DSL! $75 a month :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

When we moved back here, Smoke, I had to clear 1/2 mile of 25' right-of-way before Dominion Power would run a grid-line to our property, the back-way. They pro-rated the fee based on our estimated future usage. Even so, it cost us $3,500 to hook up.

Believe it or not, that was more economical in the long run than all off-the-grid alternative power scenarios ... and I had done extensive research at the time (2000).

In NC, the phone company has to run a line to you. It's the law ... so they brought it in along our mile-long dead-end road.

You must be in the suburbs, though. There is no DSL available here. :D
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I hear the half mile clearing twice what i did. I have a 30' easement & made us a road cutting all the trees in the way used an mini excavator & cable with 2 ton come-along & 2 chain saws. I hope to rent a back-hoe with bucket fer a week and finish up cabin lvl'ing to build 2 lean to sides to it. The power company wants 60' total cleared, i only have 30'. So its off grid or nothing. Building my battery banks up with golf-cart battery hooked to be 12v system. Making a home made alt/gen pushing 55 amps fer battery charging & power into cabin using an inverter
Half Bubble Off BD360