Whats going on

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

Whats going on

Post by gogo »

Havn't seen many deer pics posted lately whats going on. Are things tough out there or is everybody busy with the holidays. Are the deer holding tight to cover, gone nocturnal what's your thought?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Don't know about north of the border, but here in Ohio they are laying low during daylight hours. The full moon has made the evenings without cloud cover bright as can be. In addition, the Ohio gun season is now in full swing and the pressure is putting the mature bucks to the mattresses as Don Corleone would say.

The time we are seeing the most activity (wife and I are now at the farm) is between 1:45 and 3:00 in the afternoon. The trail cams show little to nothing during the day and a great deal of activity around 9:30 to 11:00 at night.
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

Second gun season here in WMU 85A,B&C have not seen many orange hunters out and about in 85A. Bored, waiting for bow season to reopen Monday.

Czy Horse
2009 - Excalibur Exocet 200 c/w Boo String
1988 - Excalibur Wolverine c/w Boo String
ch312

Post by ch312 »

warm weather and a lot of standing corn would be my guess as to why we arent seeing high numbers of deer harvests on here. everything has been messed up this year.

im waiting for snow to get another deer but i dunno if thats gonna happen before the season closes :(
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Well ... I just ain't hunting.

Guess that could be it in my case!

Might haul off and kill one here in a while ... dark'o'th'moon's comin'.

8) :wink:
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have just been to busy trying to get everything ready fer winter. I have lots of wood to bust putting insulation in cabin trying to get either of our trucks running. Its not in the best interest to hunt fer me right now. Maybe next week or tomorrow if i get it all done today. Hope someone gets some & post
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
saxman

Post by saxman »

I agree MikeP.
They are laying down all day here.
I thought maybe the acorns were dropping and they are (red oak) to a certian extent but not enough to shut things down like they are here.
I met up with a couple club members and we have decided to do a little PUSH on Sunday.
sinse my blinds and stands are closest to the road we will push one of my blocks.
It's about 200 - 300 acres.
We will see if that works,maybe one of the fellas or their kids can get a deer.
I will be one of the jump dogs as i have the most experiance at it.
Better get my briar pants out.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
phil

Post by phil »

here in NJ our muzzleloader season began on monday. I bow hunted 3x last week and only saw 1 doe...out of 126 pics from my trail cam..about 95% of the deer were nocturnal already!...i miss the early season already!
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Four of the five deer I took this year were shot around 11 a.m., the other one was taken at 7:30 a.m.

I did have opportunities at dusk, but, the majority of the deer I saw were out between 10 and 11 a.m. and again around 2 p.m.

I'm a little burned out from 10 days straight hunting. I'm going to try and get out again soon . . .there are some Georgia deer that I haven't given proper attention to . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen