Dog tracking collor or anti theft ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Dog tracking collor or anti theft ?

Post by Tom »

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=209&pID=8576#

I came across this device when researching anti theft devices. I think that it has alot of potential for many applications. Just thought that some of you would be interested as well.

I have had my mobility bike stolen so I have been looking for ways of tracking a replacement if it gets stolen and this sounds great. No monthly charges but only works in a 7 klm range.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
saxman

Post by saxman »

I use it.
my kids complaine about the collar though :shock: :shock:

That does have possabilities :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

Checking out these units on their web site and found this in the fine print at the bottom of page.
The sale and unlicensed use of the Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking System in any form is presently prohibited by the Canadian government.

Czy Horse
2009 - Excalibur Exocet 200 c/w Boo String
1988 - Excalibur Wolverine c/w Boo String
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Czy Horse wrote:Checking out these units on their web site and found this in the fine print at the bottom of page.
The sale and unlicensed use of the Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking System in any form is presently prohibited by the Canadian government.

Czy Horse

:?: Whatever for, I wonder? Is it that they have not found a way to apply a 90% tax on it? OHHH CANNNADA....

The USA gets all the good stuff! :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tom

Post by Tom »

one shot scott wrote:
Czy Horse wrote:Checking out these units on their web site and found this in the fine print at the bottom of page.

Czy Horse

:?: Whatever for, I wonder? Is it that they have not found a way to apply a 90% tax on it? OHHH CANNNADA....

The USA gets all the good stuff! :lol:
It is probually for the same reasons that the GRMS radios were delayed in Canada. The Radio Frequencies used by these devices to communicate between each device are already licensed out to someone else. With the GMRS radios, they had to change the private companies license for those frequencies, thereofre there would not be any interference with the non paying public. I believe that in the USA, you need a license to to operate the GMRS, not here in Canada.

Give them time but it will come here and also be free but I knew of people that had the GMRS in operation here before they became legal.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I think the concept is just awesome! 7km is an impressive range, it is a bit expensive, but if it brings home the family dog..
I could see it being a comfort with a kid too, not around the neck of course, but it would be a nice peace of mind to slip one in a kids pocket in a place where they tend to wander, camping, adventure parks..
I could think of a thousand uses for that device.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Czy Horse

Re: Dog tracking collor or anti theft ?

Post by Czy Horse »

From their "spec" page
Range:
DC-20: 5 miles (line of sight)
DC-30: 7 miles (line of sight)
Additional:
Tracks up to 10 dogs simultaneously
Can keep track of the whole family. . :lol: