Technologically Challenged..... again

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

Technologically Challenged..... again

Post by Esox »

Once again I feel I'm behind the techno-curve... Actually that curve is so far ahead of me I can't even see it, but being techno-spastic (and maybe there's a few more of us out here) I'm having a bit of difficulty with the new Forum format... At the risk of angrying the web-gods I first have to say that I like the updated look and the ease of info flow, a first class job all the way,..... but.... maybe I'm doing something wrong on my screen, when I'm on the Forum I really don't see the need showing the info links to the Excal product line and Support info in the Forum section... I can access that information from the Excal home webpage. I feel Like an ol' buck heading down my favorite game trail and finding someone cut up the brush up and made a blind.... I find it, well...distracting... Nothing that I can't adapt to but I just thought I'd add my 2 cents... Other than that, so far, I like the "new" look... Goo Job!!

More importantly.... I just got use to Photobucket, though I wasn't thrilled with it so if it's now easier great... but.... How do I post a photo?....
wheelie

Re: Technologically Challenged..... again

Post by wheelie »

VixChix wrote:Looks slick.

I found that if I went into the User Control Panel and chose Board Preferences, and change the style to Subsilver 2 (from ProSilver) it seemed easier for me to navigate and read (more like the older style was).
You can post photos the same as always or hit browse and find file on your harddrive and and click add file
Esox

Post by Esox »

Very cool Wheelie!... Thanks for the instructions... Now I feel better... Sometimes I feel like a freakin' caveman when it comes to techno-stuff....Simple things throw me...Hell, though I can use more than one finger doing it, I still only have "hunt and peck" typing skills... I'm an old fart and not really good with change....

OBTW- Did they happen to add a spell check to the site.... That would be really cool!!!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

no problem my friend, glad to help
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

If you want to spell check, try right clicking the misspelled word. I use google chrome, instead of internet explorer, I'm having issues with I.E., but that works for me. :) :) :)
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Esox wrote: Sometimes I feel like a freakin' caveman when it comes to techno-stuff. I still only have "hunt and peck" typing skills..
Fear not, Esox.

As those who have seen my unclothed back can affirm, cavemen really can learn to use computers. And I can type 60 WPM, sans mistakes! :P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Now, if I could just learn to quit throwing chicken bones on my study floor ... :mrgreen:
Grizz
Esox

Post by Esox »

I always thought I should "learn" to type properly.. Sure would make my working life easier and it's almost essential today...Except on mini keyboards and Blackberrys and all... Still don't know how people can text with them so quickly.....I thought computer voice and language recognition would have been perfected my now....Last ones I saw were still pretty cumbersome... Ain't like it is in the movies....
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Esox wrote:Except on mini keyboards and Blackberrys and all
Ugggh! Cave-man not like small keys. Fingers too big ... and grease from chicken gums up ... uggh. :lol:
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
As those who have seen my unclothed back can affirm, cavemen really can learn to use computers.
Has Geico been in touch?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
As those who have seen my unclothed back can affirm, cavemen really can learn to use computers.
Has Geico been in touch?
Uggh ... cave-man ate green lizard ... Geico not like cave-man. Besides, cave-man's wife work for Farm Bureau. :P :lol:
Grizz