pse tac 15

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

spaerorob

pse tac 15

Post by spaerorob »

Just wondering if any one knows of some one who might have fired one or owns one, and there thoughts.
awshucks

Re: pse tac 15

Post by awshucks »

Very few if any available. This beast is used against the crossbow movement in the USA by the anti inclusion types. Takes a AR 15 lower receiver to function. The owner of PSE, Pete Shipley,[sp] had a vid on Youtube shooting a mulie at 106 yards w/ a compound vert.

I don't much care for him, his ethics or his newest creation.
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

awshucks I see you are undecided about the subject! LOL
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: In my opinion it's a business maneuver (in very poor taste) that will hurt them in the long run.
What! :!:

You mean there's a business element involved in the production of crossbows? :?: :!:

Take it back! Say it ain't so! :shock: :P :wink:

Honestly, I've got to say that the business element surrounding modern hunting efforts makes my head swim. Talk about distasteful. I can hardly bear to see hunting videos anymore ... the advertising emphasis is so over-the-top that they're like infomercials ... and the players are like human billboards. So are lots of hunters I know. It's like a fashion show.

Unreal.

No ... real.

Too bad. :? :(
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Shhhh...here comes one now! :wink: :D
Is it a "shooter", Bob? :!: :P :P
Grizz
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Besides my 1st post on these pos, they have a trackless rail, whisker biscuit rest and a trigger loop for the claw. I see they are now bringing out a shorter version w/ it's own stock, a stand alone bow, no firearm parts needed.

Ol Pete just had to make the oft misnomed 'crossgun' however. I believe the other PSE real crossbows are made in Taiwan, probably where the new ones will come from too.
"Eze 18:21"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Great bow....for someone who just has to have the latest wizbang...so they can make mention of having it every time they can. By the time one gets it all together- separate upper and lower- the price is well over two LARGE! You can buy a bunch of Excal stuff for that kind of bread.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
You mean there's a business element involved in the production of crossbows? :?: :!:

Take it back! Say it ain't so! :shock: :P :wink:

Honestly, I've got to say that the business element surrounding modern hunting efforts makes my head swim. Talk about distasteful. I can hardly bear to see hunting videos anymore ... the advertising emphasis is so over-the-top that they're like infomercials ... and the players are like human billboards. So are lots of hunters I know. It's like a fashion show.

Unreal.

No ... real.

Too bad. :? :(

Business runs the world. And profit is not a dirty word. But how one goes about ones business is the true barometer and appropriate measure to be judged.

Most all outdoor shows are highly commercialized and as many here point out are paramount to half hour infomercials. And many business owners that produce or sponsor these shows obviously see a return on their dollar invested as the number of shows continues to grow even in an overall declining marketplace. And add rates that start at a thousand dollars a second and escalate up from there are regularly paid by companies wanting their product in front of you.

There are exceptions. And I am proud to say that the man and wife that own the company that make our favorite crossbows are indeed counted amongst those. I know this for a fact.

I suspected this long before I knew it. The very first indication came from one of the outdoor television shows sponsored by Excalibur. And it had nothing to do with promoting the companies products. It did, however, have everything to do with hunting. It is the segment that many of us are most familiar with. It is the segment where Bill T kills the 160 plus buck down here in my part of the woods.

Take the time to watch this video again. There is no acting taking place. There is no talk of taking this splendid buck with a crossbow. What is taking place is shear and unbounded joy by Bill T taking the best buck of his life. You can't fake that stuff. Even when he is doing the required scene kneeling with the buck with the Excalibur prominently featured the joy still bursts forth. He talks about Ohio and the bucks they are blessed with. He even talks about Ohio being good to him over the years with the way they regulate crossbows. But he does this with humility and sincerity and offers this observation more as a thank you that is heart felt.

I have been fortunate to share a meal with the two people who own and run this business. You learn a lot when you "break bread" with people. Barriers and facades are taken down. A comfort level is reached. And most often, the makeup of a person is revealed. All of you know this. It is why we choose to gather together for meals.

I also have been fortunate or misfortunate as the case may be, to have met many other outdoor industry business owners. What I found in these two people was anything but what is now considered the "norm" for the makeup of business owners in this industry.

I can say without a doubt that Bill and Kath Troubridge are two of the most loving and caring individuals I have ever run into. The fact that they own and run a business in the outdoor industry is coincidence. They could have chosen any road to go down during their journey through life. And they would still be very loving and caring individuals.

Sometimes it takes the actions of other business owners such as PSE for us to really see how blessed we are to have these two producing the crossbows we choose to hunt with. Sure they shoot great and are for the most part indestructible. But we all know there is more to it then that. We also get a little of that care and loving that goes into every bow that fly's out the shipping room door. And there is no surcharge.

You can thank the owners for that.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote: ... how blessed we are to have these two producing the crossbows we choose to hunt with. Sure they shoot great and are for the most part indestructible. But we all know there is more to it then that. We also get a little of that care and loving that goes into every bow that fly's out the shipping room door. And there is no surcharge. You can thank the owners for that.
Yes, I think Excal is notably free of the hype and baloney that go hand-in-hand with lots of manufacturer's promotion of their products.

Kudos to Bill and Kath for that.

Of course, what I said wasn't intended to be any sort of slander against Excal or its owners.

Mike knows that, I trust ... as do all longtime posters here.

But ... for those of you who don't, well ... as I said! :D
Grizz
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Gee whiz Mike, you are embarassing me!
Kath and I just go through life living by the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's not rocket science, just good human relations. Wouldn't the world be nice if everyone lived by the same rules?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bill T wrote:Gee whiz Mike, you are embarassing me! Kath and I just go through life living by the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's not rocket science, just good human relations. Wouldn't the world be nice if everyone lived by the same rules?
Well, the same book that contains the Golden Rule also tells us to give honor to whom it is due.

So, if Mike is reporting the facts as he knows them, he's doing the right thing! :D

We're all grateful for your business ethic, Bill.

The difference is evident. :D
Grizz
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Business, just like politics, is a "game". To be successful, the participants must be adept at playing "the game". Pitchmen, just like politicians, create and project an image which will be "bought" by the public at large.

Whether it's selling a product, or selling oneself, success is determined not by what is actually being sold, but rather the perception of what is being sold. That is why Madison Ave. types and spin-doctors exist.

To survive, John Q. Public must learn to differentiate between reality and perception, in order to weed out "the chafe from the wheat".

In regards to Excalibur, having met both Bill and Kath on many occasions, and using many of their products, I personally know that they are the real deal, and that there's very little, if any, "chafe" among their "wheat".
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bill T wrote:Gee whiz Mike, you are embarassing me!
Kath and I just go through life living by the golden rule "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's not rocket science, just good human relations. Wouldn't the world be nice if everyone lived by the same rules?
While many of us live by the "Golden Rule", unfortunately, many others live by a couple of its paraphrased "cousins":
Do unto others, before they can do unto you.
Do unto others as they have done unto you.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
spaerorob

Post by spaerorob »

I was just interested in there no rail system , dry fire safety and no pressure put on trigger ,so if there is any one out there thats even just seen one im interested in your thoughts.