Flemish Dyna Flight String Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Czy Horse

Flemish Dyna Flight String Question

Post by Czy Horse »

Though I would try a Flemish Dyna Flight String, have not used one before

Put new string on last night, it seamed to take a lot of twisting to get close to the right brace height, left bow cocked over night, reset brace height. It was tricky trying to get string twists to look the same lenght, do they have to look the same lenght or will they "shoot" them self in if not quite right?

Was out and shot bow about 6 times and now the trim ends of the string are all frayed out. Can these or should these frayed ends be trimmed off?

Thanks
Czy Horse
2009 - Excalibur Exocet 200 c/w Boo String
1988 - Excalibur Wolverine c/w Boo String
Phoenix_Tom

Re: Flemish Dyna Flight String Question

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

I don't know if they will "shoot themselves right" but when I put mine on I give equal twist to each side. They do take a lit of twists at first. If your center serving is centered then you should be ok.

I just leave the frayed ends alone. I wouldn't cut them.

The Flemish can unwind and come apart. If you ever take it off, I'd recommend holding it together to keep it from untwisting then putting a twist tie or small piece of twine tied off to keep it exactly where you want it when you put it back on.

Also, the Flemish string stretches for a while. Keep an eye on your braceheight when you shoot. After some good shooting sessions it'll settle down. Still a good thing to check before shooting it the next time though.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
wabi

Post by wabi »

No need to twist both ends of the string. It will "even out" after a shot or two (if it was ever "uneven" to begin with. :roll:
The loos ends of a flemish string will fray and can be left that way. It may actually help in reducing vibration (similar to adding catwhisker silencers).
Flemish string will stretch quite a bit at first (unless they are pre-stretched like Boo does), but will soon "settle-in" and hold their length.
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

They frayed look is normal, that is what happens.
The best way to see if your string is the same is to simply measure it, the length of the string will determine your brace height, easiest to measure from the minor gap between your riser and your rail, like so:

Once you establish where you like it, and stay with the same amount of strands of the same material it will be consistent enough to hunt with.
You do not need to twist both ends of the string, that simply doesn't make sense. Twist one side and it will all balance out. Twisting the string tighter will will increase your brace height, decreasing your power stroke and slowing the arrow slightly, the bow will feel better in your hands like that. Untwisting the string will increase your power stroke, allowing more contact time with the arrow, speeding up the arrow slightly and increasing the shock and vibration felt in the bow, again, slightly.
Leave the fuzz, it is normal and will have no affect on the bow.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string