Re: Buckeyes score one......

Post by shafferm »

Very nice shooting, that kind of looks like an Ultimate Muzzleloader

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/

Is that the manufacturer?
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

saxman wrote: What Muzzy and load are you shooting?
225,that's one heck of a shot :D
The gun is a Savage 10 ml II. I shot 37.3 gr of SR 4759. I use a Precision Rifle Dead Center 260 gr bullet. For the people who are thinking I should try that load in my gun. DON'T! This is a smokeless powder muzzleloader! If you don't have a smokeless powder gun you CAN NOT use smokeless powder.

I let my little brother shot a doe last night with this gun. I found the bullet while skinning her. Here are a few pictures. The quater is for size reference.

FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Mike P wrote:Just some observations.

One, the rifle looks smokeless with a really neat looking stock.

Two, your starting to look more bear then fred.

Three, your step daughter puts this picture over the top!

Four, I like the way you have your loads ready to go with the quick loaders in your top pocket.

Five, if I wasn't convinced before to acquire one of those smokeless wonders I am now. 225 yds. Whoa!

Six, and last, someone needs to help that last buckeye. :oops:
#1 It's smokeless!

#2 I don't cut my hair, or shave my beard until I shoot a deer. Since I waited till December this year it got way out of control! I will remeber this season for the next four years. Since I had to get my drivers license renewed this year, and in my picture I look like a middle eastern man.... Taylor gets to give me a mohawk before opening day of bow season, and I wear it until I harvest! I now longer look like a bear. I now look Amish!!! :shock:

#3 Had to have something good looking in the picture. I nor the deer whom ran her face into the fence are worth looking at.

#4 The Savage must make a noise that deer are not used to. I have never had a deer run after I shot it. They always stand still trying to figure out where the shot came from, or hit the dirt. Which in case of a bad shot I would have time to reload, and shoot again. It's very odd! I have never seen anything like this, and I can't explain why it happens. But it does.

#5 I feel comfortible out to 300 yards. Some guys use more aggresive loads, and shoot farther distances. I use a very small load, but my gun likes it so I leave good enough alone. Last year I took a doe at 246 yards with it. She never took another step.

#6 HOPES RUNNING LOW! :lol:
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

shafferm wrote:Very nice shooting, that kind of looks like an Ultimate Muzzleloader

http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/

Is that the manufacturer?
No it's not. I looked at the web site, and that is a BIG time load they are getting 2400 fps out of. I'd like to shoot that once. They do look similar though. My gun is a Savage smokeless powder muzzleloader. I love this gun, and would reccomend it to anyone looking into a new muzzleloader. Long ranges, no smoke, LOW up keep, and the accuracy just name a few good reasons. People give this gun a bad rap, because people try to take the loads to far. If used reccomended loads, and have respect for the gun it is no more danagerous than any other firearm IMO.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

FredBear wrote: #6 HOPES RUNNING LOW! :lol:
Alright my friend, the gloves are coming off.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Kenton wrote:
Alright my friend, the gloves are coming off.
Someones forgeting about the fishing pictures????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Congrats nice doe, great picture.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still fighting with this infection. Heading to the Dr again this morning. :(
Seems like an antibiotic will knock it down, then when I stop the antibiotic it comes right back.
wabi
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

wabi wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still fighting with this infection. Heading to the Dr again this morning. :(
Seems like an antibiotic will knock it down, then when I stop the antibiotic it comes right back.

That is not good Mike.

There are so many dirty little things now that are becoming very resistant to antibiotics that it is getting scary.

You may have to go on an extended dosage of a different type of antibiotic to get rid of that infection.

Now as to the problems associated with your one team member who has yet to contribute, I think a trip to Dr. Phil may be in order.